Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Patience is taking too long

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Patience is taking too long
    Posted: November 17 2007 at 6:49pm
well here  it is:

my hair is really healthy and everyone loves it but................ the back of my hair is super curly and about shoulder length when curly and bsl when straight while the front is a inch above bsl when curly and because its not as curly as the back, an inch past bsl. now it is REALLY REALLY obvious that the length differs and since i wear my hair curly all the time it shows even more. iif i get it evened out it will be about shoulder length which i really don't want because it has taken me FOREVER! to get it this close to my waist and i really dont want to go back to short hair because i look horrible with it. shoot i don't even dare go back for a trim because i have yet to find a stylist that is long curly hair friendly. any ideas? p.s. sorry bout the rant lolzEmbarrassed
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2007 at 9:16am
That is a tough one.  If you got it cut shorter, wouldn't the back just curl up even more, still making it look uneven?  Can you wear it wavy?  Wrap it so it dries straightish after you wash it, so that you have some curl left in it, but it looks more even until it grows out more and may fall straighter in the back?

It might work to trim the front with face framing layers to remove a little length from the front, that way when you wear it straight, it can look like it feathers downward and like the ends are still even, then when you wear it curly, the front won't look so much longer than the back.  That is a solution that would take a long time to grow out though if you didn't wind up liking it, think about it hard first. 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic