Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Colour Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lisadawson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisadawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Colour Question
    Posted: November 22 2007 at 2:19pm

I am a newbie to this site and I have a question in regards to Professional Hair Colour. 

I am using Wella Hair Colour and Wella Developer and I have medium brown hair.  I went and used the colour with 30 Volume to which the colour didn't last long at all and it wasn't as dark as it should have been.  I knew I used the wrong volume as I didn't want to lighten my hair.  So, I went and used the next time 10 volume... which didn't last even a week.  What am I doing wrong? Should I be using 20 volume???  This weekend I am planning on colouring my hair the same dark brown but I will be colouring the top layers only and underneath I will be going a rich dark crimson. Can you give me and tips or suggestions and let me know what I am doing wrong???
Thank, you.. LISAplease
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2007 at 2:14am
No matter what you do, color fades.  You can use 20 vol for best results and leave it on for 45 min.  Then use toners to tone the hair in between root touch ups. 

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Rebekah
Check out My Hobby Shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5372710
lisadawson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisadawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2007 at 6:12pm
Thank you for your help.
zaxwrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaxwrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2007 at 8:28am
Also, try to use color safe shampoo and conditioners instead of clarifying ones that may strip your color.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 5:30am
Fading color is really annoying. When my hair was darker I used the Sunsilk colour lock (red bottles) which worked well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic