Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black to Brown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
springscherry7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springscherry7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black to Brown
    Posted: November 24 2007 at 8:53pm
helllo! im about to change up my hair style and dye my hair color from black to brown/dark brown. Id like to know if i can just dye my hair straight up like it is, or do i have to lighten my hair before i can dye it brown/dark brown? I am going from 1 b to a 2B or 4B. (i think those are the codes) and also what do you reccommend for a brand of dye that works the best and lasts long? thanks!
Springs
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2007 at 8:52am
You have to lighten your hair. But once you lighten it there is no need to apply a dye. You can just put a toner or a rinse to achieve your desired color. The trick to it coming out perfect is the amount of time you leave in the lightner (bleach mixed with peroxide). I would see a professional for this. There is no need to leave the lightner on too long because the color you want is close to your natural color. Unless your black hair is not natural but a dye within itself. In that case you will need a double process which is a completely different story.
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic