Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

thinning hair extention methords ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zaccie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaccie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thinning hair extention methords ?
    Posted: December 01 2007 at 10:03pm
hi all,

I  noticed a while ago i was getting thinning hair on the top area of my head, I was told about hair extensions and tried them , the weave sew in type, everyone loved the look , however the braid needs to be redone about every 3 weeks and I am wondering if there is a better longer lasting method. bearing in mind that my hair, although not really sparce is getting thin up top.

my goals are . natural look for the style below, and longest length of time between redoos. i was my hair every 2 days btw

pic of my extensions below

Edited by zaccie - December 01 2007 at 10:09pm
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 12:09am
I'm confused, did you get the weave on top of your head? I get sew ins but they're not on top, in fact the top part covers the tracks. Also my tracks last at least six weeks so I'm not sure why you're only getting three weeks.  I don't know.

Anyway, if you're thinning on top I would say first go to the dermatologist.  If the doc says there's nothing to do about it then ask if it's okay to do a weave. If it's okay then find a braider who understands to be gentle with your hair and will know what's best for you. A lot of people use what's called a closure or top piece. That goes on top of your head and can be braided, cliped, or taped on. Do a search on this site or even google for closures. You'll find loads of vendors.

zaccie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaccie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 6:37am
I'm confused, did you get the weave on top of your head? I get sew ins but they're not on top....

Yes i have 2 braids running across the top of my head a little below the crown. then i just brush my regular hair forward over the braid area
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 2:07pm
Okay, I think I'm picturing what your describing. Check out closures because you may have more options with that.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic