Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clip-ins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clip-ins
    Posted: December 03 2007 at 7:17pm
Hi Ladies. 

I am such a newb when it comes to the wonderful world of hair extensions and I want clip-ins.  100% real quality hair.  

See, I had a bad experience and had my hair chopped.  It was getting pretty long and I told the girl I didn't want it cut short...  Well.  You know the rest...    I see there is a thread about nightmare experiences.  I read them and felt for some of those women.   I could have written some of them and the bleach ones...  I did that too!Dead 

So my hair is a little past my shoulders.  My shortest layer hits the nape of my neck.  I'm tellin ya...  the girl did a number on me!Ouch 

I think someone mentioned in Intro that I could make clip-in hair extensions myself.  How would I do this?  Where do I get the items to do it?  Is it hard?   Where is a good place to get hair?  Can I get long, long hair because that's what I want.  Really, really long hair until I can grow out. 

TIA!

Editing to add photo taken an hour or so ago...

Edited by Addy - December 03 2007 at 7:28pm
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2007 at 10:21pm
Bumping...

I was just browsing yourhairshop.com and was wondering if I can color the D-Lux weft with over the counter color? 

It says it's real hair so I'm wondering if it'll take...  They have a 50% off sale and only have a lighter color so I'm only intrested in depositing only. 

Please send some advice!  I want my hair and I'm considering sewing the clips on myself!!! 

Help!  Pretty please!!!
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 11:25am
Hi Addy! Welcome to the forumSmile
I used to wear clip ins every day and I would make my own. I think you should
give it a go!!

As for the hair, typically extension hair is processed to some degree. This makes coloring it unpredictable. I would think if you're only depositing color it should be fine but....In my experience if you can get the proper color when you buy it then you'll be much better off.

Which hair is 50% off? I know a lot of people experienced shedding on the dlux hair.

Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 12:19pm

Here is that link to the hair at 50% off...  Hope it works...

I ended up ordering a #6 because GUESS WHAT?!  They are out of my color.  I ordered two packs that came in at a little over $100. 

If anything, I can get color remover and go that route and find a color to match the wefts so we'll see.  I really like my color though.Confused 

I went out today and bought the kids some gifts and picked up some brown upholstery thread and a curved needle.  I need to get the clips too and I'm about ready to head out to Sally's to see if they carry the clips to sew on. 

If they don't have them, where can I get them?

I can't wait to get the hair.  I settled on 22" and hope it's long enough for me.  (I know it will beWink)

Before I do anything to all of it, I am going to try and deposit color on a piece to do a strand test, wash it out and dry it and check the condition afterwards...  If it get's yucky, I'll just change my color. LOL 

I can't wait to get it though! 

I think I read that metalgirl (Is that her name?) sewed 3 wefts together using a zigzag stich...  Is that right? 

Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 3:08pm
Well, I got the clips.  Now I'm just going to wait for the hair. 

I also got an e-mail response from the company and they said it was not recommended that I color it because some dyes are to harsh. 

I'm still going to do a strand test just to see if the quality holds up.  If it doesn't, I'll change my color which will probly be lifting one level or so to match the extension.  I can't really say because I haven't seen it yet.

Does anyone else find it difficult to match your color online? 

Because I do!

I ordered a ponytail online and missed the color bigtime!Confused  I ended up giving it to my 10 year old daughter.  Atleast she got to use it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic