Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about bleaching

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BlackLace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about bleaching
    Posted: December 05 2007 at 12:35pm
I have been highlighting my hair for years now and in about 2 weeks I'm finally going to take the plunge and bleach it all. I'm getting it proffesionaly done but my question is, when they apply the bleach, do they bleach over the previously bleached highlights? I want as minimal damage as possible when I get this done.

Thanks in advance!
kezzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2007 at 2:52pm
they may just bleach your root and then use a lower % to do your highlights
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2007 at 7:59pm
I agree with kezzie.

Depending on how blonde the highlights are,they may or may not bleach them.
I had blonde highlights before that a stylist did bleach.What happend was that the highlighted parts just turned out a little lighter then the rest.
BlackLace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2007 at 10:43pm
Thanks for the response!
I was just a little worried because a lot of the highlights were pretty light and I heard that if bleach is applied over them, it could cause major breakage.
kezzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2007 at 5:36am
they may just match the brightest highlight up them , double check with you stylist because im my younger years i had some one use just the one colour and it was only until changinging stylists and seeing someone use 3 colours to match my hair up all over that i realised !
savyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 11:49am
I would make sure your stylist understands you want as least damage as possible, make it very clear to her. What color are your streaks over now? I would almost suggest that if it's not to drastic only to dye the top part of your head, leave everything under the earline. Kinda like you know the style where blondes dye there hair black or somthing underneath? Don't do that... but leave that area alone. a) no one sees the hair there b) You'll have dimension c) I got under there bleached once and all my hair fell out.... so just warning you!!! maybe post a pic of your hair now?
BlackLace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 4:08pm
Thanks! Smile Currently my streaks are a light golden blonde. I was actually considering only dying the top part of my hair but the only problem is my roots underneath have grown in(my hair is caramel colored but my roots are medium brown) and I have to tie my hair up for work, so I'm not sure if that would look too great. I will post a pic to give you an idea of what it's like right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic