Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shampoo for straight hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amberblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amberblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shampoo for straight hair
    Posted: December 16 2007 at 9:28pm
Hi! So I have straight hair, and over the past few weeks I've noticed that my hair feels really clean the day I wash it, but the next day it looks and feels more oily than it used to. I tried switching shampoos around (garnier, head and shoulders) but the same thing keeps happening. Does it have something to do with the colder weather? I've also been blow drying it 3 times a week now, as opposed to once or twice, could that be having a negative effect?
If anyone knows any shampoos that would help prevent my hair from becoming oily like this, I'd really appreciate it!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2007 at 2:16am
I dont think any shampoo can PREVENT oily hair from happening.Oily hair is genetic or hormonal.Some things can make it worse though.

I'm thinking since it is cold outside the dry heat INSIDE may have something to do with your scalp increasing oil....I noticed my own doing the same.
Also,I assume by your name that you are female.Females exprience oilier hair and skin around "That time of the month".Nothing you can really do except wash hair more.
Depending on how old you are,it could definitely be hormonal changes also making hair oilier.Birth control pills may help regulate the hormones and cut back SOME on the oil.

As far as shampoos go...there isnt a magic shampoo for oily hair. I have had oily hair since I was teen,and it is just a pain some of us go through and have to wash more then others.
I would try one specificly meant for oily hair though.

Edited by julesyjul88 - December 19 2007 at 2:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic