Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not your usual question, but here goes!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Age2purrfection View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Age2purrfection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not your usual question, but here goes!
    Posted: December 17 2007 at 11:54am

How do I make a lock of hair for a locket?

I want to put my mothers and my girls fathers hair into a locket to keep. They are both deceased and we got some hair to keep from funeral homes. My mother passed 16 years and the girls father in 2006. It is short peices so i need some advice as to how I can shape it and put in in the lockets I have. I seen some pretty patterns inside other lockets but cant seem to find anything on how to handle the hair or what to use to do this. And since there is no replacing this precious hair I really want to do it right.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2007 at 7:14am
Usually people just take a small (around 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch) piece of it and tie a ribbon around it.  There really aren't any rules, your piece can be long or short, left as is, or if long, curled into a circle inside the locket.  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic