Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help styling please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Neume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help styling please!
    Posted: December 23 2007 at 9:49pm

I recently took the dive and chopped up my waist-long hair into a concave layered bob, almost identical to Victoria Beckham's.  (reference pic:  http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u284/Fashion_Critic_/Victoria%20Beckham/VBhaircopy.jpg)

But for the life of me, I cannot get it to look like her's.  My hair is naturally poker straight but one side flips out while the other side flips inward.  I also have REALLY thick hair that's rather stubborn and likes to fall directly forward unto my face.  Everything I have tried won't hold my long bangs back for very long, and any texturizing/volumizing product either...A) weighs down my hair...or B) builds up and flakes.  I've had long hair all my life so I'm new to this way of styling, and I'm already really frustrated...

I want to achieve a really piecey, edgy look that shows off my new layers, and LONG LASTING HOLD would be amazing!  My hair is so thick and obstinate that it usually defies any styling produt I put in it.  Volume isn't a big priority, but it'd be nice.

I would love any tips you can give me!  Thank you!  :)
72Kevin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 8:04am
I might be able to help you there.  But the thing with using products for a certain stlyle is that different products suit different hair types.
I myself have went through lots of short styles so have tried and tested nearly everything!  So if i could see a say front, back, and side picture that would be a great help to see exactly what kind of hair you have got.
Private message me if you need any info.
Aishwarya Rai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aishwarya Rai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 9:06am
NEUME,

Did u got ur hair cut or not?
Neume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 12:06pm

Yes, I got it cut, Aishwarya.

Kevin, I'd rather not send my picture online at a board I'm not yet familiar with.  Is there any way I could describe it to you better than my original message?  Or tell you the products I have used and what they did to my hair (ie. why they didn't work)...would that help?

conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 1:46pm
Neume,
      Some people post their picks with their faces wiped out or swirled like this.  My wife has a variation of that cut, see pick below!

That may ease your anxiety.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 9:58pm
No picture neccessary.I know exactly what your talking about.My hair does the same thing especially at your length.

You need to either take a blowdryer and round brush and curl it under while aiming the blowdryer down at it, or use a flat iron and curl it under that way.another option if you have a large barreled curling iron is to use that instead to curl it under.

If you are leery of using heat on your hair( I know I am) you can always get some large magnetic rollers( their like $2 anywhere) and use those on almost dry hair until its dry. Also using a light spray gel or mousse(just a dab) with any of these options before setting your hair will help it keep its curl.

Posh's hair has been flatironed into position.So that would be the most effective route.Thats how she got it so sleek with the slightest curl at the ends.

Edited by Longhairdreams - December 24 2007 at 10:00pm
Neume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 10:24pm

Wow!  Thank you for all the helpful suggestins everyone!!

Longhairdreams, do you have any specific products that you would recommend?  And would I put them in before or after I blowdry?  I did try using the roundbrush technique, and it worked to flip the ends really well, so thank you for suggesting it!
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2007 at 12:19pm
I'm glad it worked out.Smile

You put in the product before you blowdry.I like pantene restoratives curl defining spray gel.It gives a great hold,but doesnt leaves your hair feeling natural.Plus it comes out like water.No sticky gel or hairspray feel.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic