Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ladies... any side affects w/ flaxseed oil?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PrincessFurball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessFurball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ladies... any side affects w/ flaxseed oil?
    Posted: December 27 2007 at 8:22pm
I've tried taking flaxseed oil tablets before, knowing that it is good for my skin and hair, but... I had to quit because it was making my breasts get extremely sore several days before my period, even when I took a reduced amount (one capsule instead of the recommended 3). Has anyone else experienced this? Did you ever find a way of taking flaxseed oil that didn't cause this? Would fish oil do the same thing to me, do you think?
Current length: approx. 52"
Goal length: Infinity :)
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2007 at 8:24am
I've never taken it in tablet form, I grind up flax seeds and bake them in bread, but I've never had that happen with them.  I do get that (and worse) if I drink a cup of coffee a day though, and that is fairly common.  Any chance your flax pill taking coincided with increased coffee intake? 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
PrincessFurball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessFurball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2007 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

I've never taken it in tablet form, I grind up flax seeds and bake them in bread, but I've never had that happen with them.  I do get that (and worse) if I drink a cup of coffee a day though, and that is fairly common.  Any chance your flax pill taking coincided with increased coffee intake? 

No, I drink very little coffee, probably not even one cup a month, so that couldn't be it. I don't have the same problem when I eat my granola made with flaxseed, but I also doubt that I'm getting as much as I would in a tablet.
Current length: approx. 52"
Goal length: Infinity :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic