Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blunt or

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Whitney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blunt or
    Posted: July 16 2002 at 11:32am
Hey everyone.

I am trying to decide if I should stick with my blunt cut or let it grow into the V shape. I don`t really like the blunt cut I have and I was wondering if my hair will naturally grow into the V or what will happen. How long should I go without cutting it? I don`t want to cut it for a long time but I also don`t want a lot of split ends...what should I do?
Whitney
Angie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2002 at 12:23pm
How long is it? What is the texture like?
Whitney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2002 at 12:32pm
It`s a bit past mid back and it is med. thick but not coarse and not fine. I am just wondering if I should stop cutting it and would it taper and would it look better.
Whitney
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2002 at 10:47pm
A blunt cut makes the hair look healthier and thicker. If you want a change try getting it cut with layers. Just letting it grow without trims more than likely give you a "straggely" look.
Sunshine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 2:13pm
Hi Whitney,

I don`t believe your hair will naturally grow into that V shape you are thinking about. You`d have to have it cut and shaped that way. I`ve heard the same about blunt cuts making the hair look thicker and healthier, and from experience, I`d have to say it`s true. However, I love to have layers to play with, and layers look great when they are long and in the U or V shape in the back. But also bear in mind that layers take a lot of time to grow out if you don`t like them!
Susie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 11:14pm
Personally, my hair sits on my ass and I`ve done blunt cut, layered cut and am now on v shape taper.... I like the one I`m on now. Blunt may look thick but it`s too...... plain. nothing nice about the cut itself.... Layered looks great, but I agree with the whole "time to grow it out" cuz I`ve been in that phase for 2 years, it was still good. The v-shape is nice cuz it`s simple and it makes you hair have a little extra something to being long.
Just my opinion....
Kayak cutie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic