Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pls pls pls help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pls pls pls help!!
    Posted: January 15 2008 at 9:16pm
Neutragena.  Try it about every third shampoo; should clear things up.
HAWG
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2008 at 6:32pm

So you havent colored or bleached your hair at all recently?

Then the only thing I can think of is Seborrehic Dermatitis which is excessively oily hair. It can come on at any time,and could be due to hormonal changes.

I would go to a dermatologist if it becomes bothersome.Usually they prescribe a special shampoo.But anti-dandruff shampoos usually help some with oily hair. Even though you dont have dandruff,it would be worth a try?

vonna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2008 at 5:19pm
The past week, i have noticed my hair becoming unusually oily -except its not oil...its almost like it has some product stuck in it, but i dont use product!!!, and i havnt changed a thing!!! Usually i have quite dry thick hair, so i use a colour renewal shampoo and conditioner to give it some extra moisture. But since this problem has occured, i have tried other shampoos. I use a good quality shampoo as well, so it cant be that! Even when my hair is wet and lathered with shampoo, as i rinse it, you can see and feel the oily section on top of my head. Thats the only oily bit, from my forehead to the crown. and its not just at the scalp, its for the entire 10 inches of the length. Ive tried shampooing without conditioning, ive tried shampooing twice in a row, ive tried using extra conditioner, none of it helps. Ive now resorted to wearing a headband so you cant see where its oily!! it almost feels and looks like there is hairspray in my hair, but its not crunchy/crispy like when you actually use hairspray. I dont have any problems with dandruff or have never had any scalp problems. I have never had a problem with oily hair, in fact, im not sure i do now...pls help!! any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic