Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sedu Rev. VS H. T. Ceramic Mar. curly or straight?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sedu Rev. VS H. T. Ceramic Mar. curly or straight?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DrivenYFZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrivenYFZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sedu Rev. VS H. T. Ceramic Mar. curly or straight?
    Posted: February 11 2008 at 3:06am
Ok,
     How does a flat iron such as the Sedu Revolution hold up against a round iron such as the Hot Tools Ceramic Marcel when it comes to making curles? 

Now for a little back ground to the question.  My family was walking through the mall one day when my mom got dragged aside by one of those middle of the isle hair stands, demanding that she let them try out this new type of straightening iron on her.  After insisting that she preffered curly hair over straight, in hopes of making a clean break before further mauling could insue, much to her suprise they said," no problem."  So, they did there thing with the straight iron and sure enough my mom had some nice little curles at the end of her hair, she was intriged.  It happened to be a Her Styler straight iron, so I was going to get her one for her B-day.  However after reading several review on them it seems they dont have the best reliability record. 

So I started reading reviews on all kinds of curling and straightening  irons and narrowed it down to the Hot Tools or the Sedu.  Both seem to be reliable and the majority of people are happy with them so I not so much looking for a debate on which one is better as for how well the flat irons really do with curles?  And is there a difference in how long the curles will hold?  My mom is 52 and right now uses rollers...if thats what you call them...but after I pressented the info and reviews on both irons, while she usually curles her hair she is still very courious as to the ability of the flat iron to do the same job.

Well,
       I think that pretty much sums it up so any suggestion or comments on what your experiences have been or what you think is best would be greatly appreciated.  Big%20smile
erinspice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erinspice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 9:55pm
I have a 2 inch CHI Pro ceramic flat iron, and I LOOOOOOVE it. I've been using it every single day for about a year, and my hair has sustained absolutely no damage.  Pictures here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic