Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

blonde hair looks dirty :(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
savyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: blonde hair looks dirty :(
    Posted: February 11 2008 at 7:33pm
I'm a little frustrated, I've been doing my roots for a year now and for some reason lately my hair looks like its a dirty color, not white, not yellow but like a pale mix...or not uniform. I'm not sure what's going on. anyways here are some pics, like I said.. I only do the roots and I really don't want to dye/streak my hair. I've used purple shampoo when my hair feels brassy but havnt used it in a while. I tried a clarifying shampoo, made my hair feel great but still the color looks crappy. here's some pics... any advice would be appretiated!!

kinda looking at it it almost looks like I need to hilight the front.. hmm.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 7:39am
I think I need more pictures to understand what you are saying... maybe 100 more would do it... JK, I think I looks great...

Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 3:37pm

Silly Hal, more pictures won't help!  Are you bleaching your roots?  What are you doing to your roots?  Sometimes ash colors tend to look blah, just add a little warmth to the color you are using to spice up the tone of your hair a bit. 

r4ch3l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r4ch3l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 3:38pm
You could try toning the areas that are not a color you like?
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 6:33pm
It looks like an ash dye or toner was used and has stained the hair. It should fade. Like Rebekah said, add warmth to the hair to brighten it.
savyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 9:42pm
it does kinda look stained, I've been using purple shampoo a few times a month, sometimes weekly for about a year now... but I havn't used it in the last few weeks, im almost wondering if its in a mid-fade preocess. I hope it hasnt permanently stained my hair! I'm tempted to just use it again and just even it out, this is a pic of my hair when I use the purple shampoo (magic lights) more often. I dunno, whats your opinion on the color when I consistently use the purp shampoo?

Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 10:54pm
I like the colour with the purple shampoo, personally. It might just be my laptop but there seems to be a purple tinge to it in that photo. Hardly noticable, you'd have to be looking for it.
PerfectBrunette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2008 at 11:25pm
How are you doing the roots? I mean, do you do the front for the same amount of time as the back? What it looks like to me is that the strands in the front are more  yellow blond, whereas the strands in the back are more platinum.

You could fix it easily by having the front highlighted like you said but only if you want it to be more uniform platinum. Without toning it with a color, that's about all you can do. 
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 7:38am
I don't think you should add more bleach on top of that, maybe just a high lift dye.
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 1:03pm
I have the same problem, kinda...dirty color. Or "OFF" color as I call it. Your hair is almost exactly the color of mine, sept I'm not a natural blonde!!!
Don't use purple shampoo that often. I merely use purple conditoner, on my hair, dry on the roots, since they always tend to be brassier. (I leave it in for a while then when I jump in the shower, I shampoo, rinse and apply REGUALR conditoner to the rest of the hair.)
It could be the shampoo...do you get kinda "AREAS" that look DULL and kinda grey?
Honey I had the same problem and the deal is teh ASH, or purple shampoo..using too much causes it to look dirty and unfortunetly one are of your hair will take the color in WAYYY more than the other.
I get it near the sides aand kinda near teh back, while on top it's more brassy and near the front... it's teh shampoo. Try using the CONDITONER
and tyronly using it near the roots and never apply it near the DIRTY parts again... try that...
I also tried a light GOLDEN blonde, to add some "COLOR" into the mix... itworked pretty good.
Hope that helps, but honsestly I totally know what your talking about!
That is a solution. The shampoo...lay off it. And kinda sucky is that the purpley/grey/dirty color will not wash out...

~* Bambi Lee *~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic