Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question re: Color Oops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GlamGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlamGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question re: Color Oops
    Posted: February 16 2008 at 11:29am
Hi,

I've read so many posts on the forum about Color Oops and most seem to be success stories, so I've decided to take the plunge myself.

Does Color Oops only return you to your natural color or can it lighten it to a tone that is lighter than your natural tone? I would  like to color my hair a light brown color after using the product, but I'm wondering if that's even possible because my natural color is dark brown.

Edited by GlamGirl - February 16 2008 at 11:32am
PerfectBrunette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 11:59am
Hi GlamGirl,

It won't lighten your natural hair color underneath so you might need bleach instead if you are trying to go so much lighter than your natural color.

Now when you dyed it in the first place, some of your natural pigment was lifted up to two levels if you were using a permanent with 20 volume peroxide. So it will be a little bit lighter than your natural color if you use Color Oops but it won't remove any more natural pigment than was already removed by the dye.

So, yeah probably bleach is needed.
GlamGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlamGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 12:06pm
Hi PerfectBrunette,

If bleach is needed, this is probably not something that can successfully be achieved at home, correct? 

PerfectBrunette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 3:11pm
Well, it really depends on your level of experience. If you've never bleached your hair before or have done it unsuccessfully, I would definitely go to a professional. Bleaching is pretty high on the difficulty level.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 6:31pm
If you only want to lighten a couple of levels, get a full head of highlights, it will look more natural and interesting than a block colour, and the up-keep will be less.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic