Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

perm damage vs highlighting damage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: perm damage vs highlighting damage
    Posted: August 22 2002 at 10:05am
It depends on her hair... if its still healthy I`d say she is fine doing it as she has been.
Raquel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raquel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2002 at 9:49am
I have a question. Which is worse on your hair--perming your hair or highlighting your hair? I have a friend who highlights her own hair every 8 weeks. When her roots start showing really badly, she will get a bottle of deposit only color and dye it back to her natural hair color. Then she pulls her hair through a cap and puts on the highlighting bleach. Then she tones it to the correct color of blond. She does this because she says she tried doing her roots one time and it was a disaster. Apparently she got them too light and she looked like a reverse skunk. I told her that her hair was going to fall out, but she said what she was doing was not worse than someone who gets a perm in their hair every 2 to 3 months. What do you think?
Rachel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic