Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Hair Straightening Mess

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jbrime123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbrime123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Hair Straightening Mess
    Posted: February 19 2008 at 6:32pm
I too have had my hair fried.  It is bent at the base near the scalp.  I am trying not to blame it soley on the hair stylist since I was the one who made the decission to have my hair done and I didn't spend as much time researching the process and stylists in the area as I should have but I am sick of constantly being burned by one hair stylist after another.  My hair stylist in Germany was an artist.  I could give that man any picture and I would come home looking even better.  Since my family and I have moved back from Germany I have failed to find a salon that is able to do anything more then CHOP my hair and now I went and made the worst mistake of all and had my hair straightened.  You would think I would learn my lesson.  Well I have finally, I guess.  I did get in touch with a stylist in NY who is well known and he said that if I am having that hard of a time finding a decent stylist then the chances of me getting this fixed are slim to none.  He suggested that I do as many protien treatments on my hair as is directed or allowed by a hair stylist and that I do deep conditioning treatments on my hair 3 times a week and in the mean time i may have to consider cutting my hair to lesson the weight on the now very fragile bent areas. Dead  I did go back to the hair dresser and told them what had happened and they acted like they had nothing to do with it so I turned them in to the better business beaurau (sorry on spelling. not my strong point) and am asking for a refund.  I also am having a bad time with the itchies and at first had alot of dandruf which I have never had a day in my life.
So to all of you ladies...and possibly gentleman? I would just like to say that I feel your pain and hope that we are able to make a difference for some other poor unsuspecting soul out there.

Almost Bald
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic