Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair color procedure questions ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dennis2 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair color procedure questions ??
    Posted: August 22 2002 at 6:54pm
Hi everyone.

I am a male who and am having my hair colored for the first time ever this weekend. I believe that my stylist said that she is using Redken Shades demi-permamant color or something like that.

My question is what exactly is the procedure that she is going to do the coloring job. Does she just put the dye on my hair and I sit and wait while it soaks in?

Im just kinda curious and didnt think to ask her when we made the appointment. Ive seen portions of people getting their hair colored, hi-lighted, ect while I was there getting my hair cut, but never have seen the entire procedure from start to finish. (except for the perm that I had some years ago).

Thank you.

Raquel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raquel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2002 at 7:29pm
I would call her and tell her this is your first color experience and to explain to you the process. There are actually several different possibilities. If you are going significantly lighter, she may use bleach specially formulated for the hair. If you are going darker then bleach won`t be used. A good website that explains the haircoloring process is http://www.robertcraig.com Go to the consumer section and click on "So you want to be a beautiful blonde, etc" This explains things very well. I hope this helps. I am exactly like you. When I first got my hair colored, I surfed the internet from one end to the other about haircoloring. I wanted to know exactly what was being done. You can find alot of info on the internet if you just type in "highlighting" or "hair color".
Rachel
MightyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MightyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2002 at 10:24pm
Dennis, what color are you now and what color are you going to? That will help.
Dennis2 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2002 at 5:22pm
My stylist does know that this will be my first time coloring my hair. My hair is I guess what you would call a medium brown. We are going to basically stay at pretty much the same color, just cover up some of the grey that is working its way in.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic