Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shade is too light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GlamGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlamGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shade is too light
    Posted: February 29 2008 at 12:59pm

Hello,

I used Color Oops to remove all of the layers of old color on my hair, as I am quite a color chameleon and have made more than a few changes in the last six months.  I decided to jump on the "red kick", as this is one of the few shades I haven't had in a while.  I used Wella Color Charm 6R Red Terra Cotta w/ 20v developer.  While it was processing, because of the porosity of my hair after using Color Oops, I decided to wash out the color after only 15 minutes.  The color "appeared" to be the shade I wanted.  However, after I came out of the shower it was apparent that I washed the color off too soon.  Instead of the rich level 6 red I'd hoped for, I am instead more of a Level 8 Orange-Red shade.  It's very even and a lot of people have complimented me on the new color, but it's just not the shade I wanted.  I prefer to be a "richer" red (like the color I chose  - 6R).  My question is:  can I re-color with the same shade and  simply keep it on for the correct amount of time in hopes that it will darken to the shade I want?  I don't have any roots as of yet because I only colored a week ago.  A friend mine suggested a demi in the same color, as it will be less taxing on the hair.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Edited by GlamGirl - February 29 2008 at 1:11pm
Luvbug6315 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvbug6315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2008 at 2:17pm
I have heard that Red is the toughest color to keep in. Something with the molecules and whatnot. Someone has suggested to me (as I have somewhat porus hair from coloring) to use a protein filler before coloring as it fills in the porus parts of the hair and the color will stick to it better. Unfortunately, I haven't had to chance to try it yet so I don't know how much of a difference it'll make. 
GlamGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlamGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2008 at 3:00pm

Hi Luvbug!  I applied a protein filler prior to coloring.  The reason the color came out too light is because I didn't leave it onlong enough.  I'm just wondering if I can simply re-apply the color again (this time leaving on the recommended 30 minutes) in hope that does the trick.

lovetocolor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2008 at 9:28pm
you could use the color again and leave it in for 30 min or you could get the demi, if they carry that shade in demi.....but would not tramatize your hair.  good luck
happy coloring
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic