Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A question about my lace wig

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
coolyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question about my lace wig
    Posted: March 03 2008 at 4:10am
Hello.I am a newbie and bought an indian remy hair lace wig some days ago.I wonder if I could dye,perm,style
and blow dry it by hair drier.If anyone here knows it,Plz tell me,thanks a lot.
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 11:19am
The short answer to your question is yes.. You can do all of those things, but how it will turn out depends very much on the quality of the hair used for the wig. You also need to do strand tests to make sure the hair will stand up to perming and coloring. Double processing is VERY hard on ANY hair so you want to proceed with caution.
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
coolyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 11:56pm

hi,thx for your response.You mean perming and coloring I had better not double process on my wig,just select one to do it once,really?thx.

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 12:38am
I think she means make sure the hair isn't already processed. Further processing by you may cause irreparable damage to your unit.
ALL EYES ON ME
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by coolyo coolyo wrote:

hi,thx for your response.You mean perming and coloring I had better not double process on my wig,just select one to do it once,really?thx.

You need to take the same precautions you would ANYTIME you are doing chemical processes.. So if the hair has been processed for color or texture, You need to consider that before you do any additional chemical processes.. If the hair is virgin, you need to take the same precautions you would take if your were perming and coloring virgin hair on your head.. In other words you still need to treat it like you would treat hair growing from your head.. This means knowing the hair, and what handling it will require..
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
coolyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 9:09pm

Then if I colored my wig in gold first,after a few days I remove it and color the wig in brown,will this damage my wig?Or if I perm it in curly style first,then I straighten it and perm in bodywave style,will this also damage my wig?thx

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 11:39pm

Then if I colored my wig in gold first,after a few days I remove it and color the wig in brown,will this damage my wig?Or if I perm it in curly style first,then I straighten it and perm in bodywave style,will this also damage my wig?thx

It's human hair... Think about what all this processing would do to your own hair. The fact that it's a wig makes no difference.. Again you need to treat this hair like it is hair growing from your head..

coolyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 12:08am

So Its harmful to treat my wig like this,right?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 12:29am

So Its harmful to treat my wig like this,right?
It's human hair.. and if it is harmful to treat YOUR HAIR like this, then YES it's harmful to treat a HUMAN HAIR wig this way..

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 8:05am

Hello.I am a newbie and bought an indian remy hair lace wig some days ago.I wonder if I could dye,perm,style
and blow dry it by hair drier.If anyone here knows it,Plz tell me,thanks a lot.

no ma' blowing drying is NOT recommended air drying is.. also if you color and do lots of chemicals processes you will eventually ruin it, it will become very damaged and it WILL MATT UP ON YOU.. you can't over process LF's just like you can't your own hair without causing severe breakage, and hair loss, it will occur just the same but in a different way...don't abuse it, b/c it won't last you at all....conditioning and moisture is the key to keeping the life span of a lf for a long time to come, and air drying..  

Edited by sexibeach - March 06 2008 at 8:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic