Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - color wheel, skin tones, eye color and your hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

color wheel, skin tones, eye color and your hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quadratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quadratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: color wheel, skin tones, eye color and your hair
    Posted: March 03 2008 at 12:37pm
So I've been thinking....  does anyone here take their eye color into account when choosing colors (base undertones) for their hair?

For example, I love when green eyed people have some red undertones in their hair because since they are opposites on the color wheel it really makes them pop. Now this doesn't always hold true for everyone, because skin tone can factor in too. Personally for my skin tone, I love having a tiny bit of orange tone (even in my blonde) because it really warms me up. My natural dishwater ash is almost grey-like and makes me look sickly. Now considering I have blue eyes too, I'm thinking that also factors in, since orange sits opposite blue on the color wheel, thus making my eyes stand out more on the canvas.

What are your thoughts on this? Does your haircolor make your eyes pop? And for you brown eyed people, does it matter so much considering brown is more neutral?
lovetocolor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 3:22pm
i have red hair and green eyes and yes, my eyes and skin look better when my hair is red.  interesting question.
happy coloring
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 4:41pm
Very interesting..I neva thought about..though I do love how people wit green eyes n have red hair n how it jus pops...I kno with blue eyes, blonde hair might make it pop more, like Amanda of ANTM:

I kno for me, I have dark brown eyes, when pickin' hair colors I wanna play around with n try, I usually base it offa my complexion & what I think would compliment my complexion. My eyes are dark brown n complexion is carame-ish so it usually works..& I personally love various shades of brown because of how they work with my complexion.
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 8:48pm
Yes, I have taken both my eyes and skin tone into the color I have currently.  My skin is more golden and my eyes are greenish with reddish  in the center of them.  This color I am told looks nice. 

Rebekah
Quadratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quadratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 10:16pm
I'm glad y'all answered to this thread. It does make sense to include these things when creating your palette. And thank you for posting some pics.

lovetocolor - Hehe, I noticed your avatar is red and green too, like a mini you. red and green.

Princess - As I look at the pic of the blonde, her complexion is peachy which contrasts with her blue-green eyes and also the Nordic (sp?) white blonde hair. Good call.

Rebekah - I noticed how your reddish brownish lowlights pick up on those reddish brownish flecks in your eyes while contrasting with your overall green color. Very pretty and well chosen colors.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 4:27am
I would never let some article saying this colour should go with this, and this never with that, stop me from having my hair how I wanted it.

I have dark brown eyes, very slightly pink undertones, and tan skin most of the time. My hair is currently more worm than i'd like, but I'm waiting for my oil bleach and toner to come in the mail. Cooler blonde looks better on me than warmer, imo.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 7:57am
I LOVE how blue eyes look with black or dark brown hair, they really pop to me.  But even though my eyes are blue, those dark colors look terrible with my complexion and features.  So, I don't think eyes are everything.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 10:58am
I never really thought about it, I really like blue eyed and dark hair, I think that's beautiful and brown eyes and blonde hair.

I have hazel eyes and blonde hair I dunno what that factors on a color wheel and pale skin, which I spruce up with bronzer. Works for me!
~* Bambi Lee *~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic