Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wig out of Skin Wefts???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wig out of Skin Wefts???
    Posted: March 06 2008 at 9:58am

I just got into making wigs with wefted hair and just had a thought of making one with skin wefted hair?   I wonder what I could use to keep the wefts on the wig cap without having to sew??? Hmmmm...anyone try this?

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 11:25am
I know a couple have done it but i've personally not attempted that, i guess you need to allow your creative juices to get to running over.. i'd pray about it to b/c the Lord will open up your vision for you.. Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 12:19pm

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

I know a couple have done it but i've personally not attempted that, i guess you need to allow your creative juices to get to running over.. i'd pray about it to b/c the Lord will open up your vision for you.. Wink

Thanks Sexi!!  I am going to try it just gotta get some skin wefts now...LOLLOL

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 4:33pm
you should check out divavocals fokti and thread in the african hair section she made one..
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 9:57am
hey also i seen on hair extensions 101 where a girl made a 3/4 wig from those integration caps.. it looked pretty good..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

hey also i seen on hair extensions 101 where a girl made a 3/4 wig from those integration caps.. it looked pretty good..

Thanks Sexi!!  You are the best!!!Wink
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 9:29pm
You could, but it's all about the wig base you choose.. You need one that will be condusive to gluing tracks.. I would also say that I would not attempt making this kind of with without a wig block the same size as your head.. With this kind of construction and materials, the fit is going to be key..
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 4:54pm
^^right fit is key and remember the skinwefts are kinda 'stretchy' so make sure u pull them taut before glue'ing. I have done this before but i used an industrial glue (hardbond) and didn't plan to try to remove and re-use the skwefts.

BTW, wghere did u get skinwefts? are they curly by chance?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Koffee Brown Koffee Brown wrote:

^^right fit is key and remember the skinwefts are kinda 'stretchy' so make sure u pull them taut before glue'ing. I have done this before but i used an industrial glue (hardbond) and didn't plan to try to remove and re-use the skwefts.

BTW, wghere did u get skinwefts? are they curly by chance?

What kind of glue did you use?  And what kind of wig cap did you use?  I don't have them yet but I think I am going to purchase some straight ones and perm them curly...Curly skin wefts are hard to find...
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 12:54pm
I don't remember which adhesive it was. But it was la-front hardbond glue so TRUST it was too expensive to just be buying it for that purpose. I had it in stash but it didn't work for my units so i used it to make wigs. Maybe Essence will remember which glue it was 'cause i think she used it also. But i doubt u'd want to buy it for making a wig. I DO remember that the adhesive was around $30 for the bottle. I think it's basically krazy glue tho lol

I used the deluxe weaving cap (labeled). I tried doing one on stocking cap but the 'bond' got too hard and made the cap scratchy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic