Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Full lace wigs - help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Twinklesxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinklesxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Full lace wigs - help!
    Posted: March 10 2008 at 3:24am

Has anyone on here brought a lace wig that has been made to look like african american hair? I've seen many photos of black women who have brought lace wigs but they're always european hair...

I'd like to know if the african american texture looks as good as it does in the photos, and if anyone has any pics of them? I don't want to spend a shed load of money for hair that doesn't look as natural as it could!

Thanks

- Twinklesxx
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 6:51am
yes they do, i have both indian light yaki, and chinese light yaki, i would say that the chinese light yaki is closer to AA hair b/c in its natural state its more coarse and it has thicker hair strands.. so if you see a unit that says asian hair textured to look like freshly permed AA hair that means its chinese light yaki..
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 9:47am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

yes they do, i have both indian light yaki, and chinese light yaki, i would say that the chinese light yaki is closer to AA hair b/c in its natural state its more coarse and it has thicker hair strands.. so if you see a unit that says asian hair textured to look like freshly permed AA hair that means its chinese light yaki..

Cosigning with the Queen hereLOLLOL
butterfly3582 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly3582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 2:48pm
I agree with Sexi I usually like chinese light yaki. 

I also have some that are called African American Relaxed texture (which are basically yaki).  Usually the AV vendors call them that.

I also have a kinky straight.  I must tell you they take more work.  They look like AA hair that has been permed and washed but not flat iron.  It takes more maintenance.  I wear it natural and flat ironed.  The texture is so much like my real hair it is scary.

Mistress Shaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistress Shaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 1:32pm
I have several units that have been made to mimick african american hair and I must agree with Sexi and Butterfly.  They are of a specific origin and they are a lot of work.

~The Mistress~
Mistress Shaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistress Shaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 1:33pm
Hey Sexi and Butterfly!

Good to see ya sisters!!
Philigrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philigrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 5:12pm
I second the kinky straight - love it! However, I have a light density throughout and that keeps it manageable.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 5:31pm
hey mistress and phillgirl i'm sooooooooooooooo HAPPY TO SEE YOUClapClap
Twinklesxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinklesxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 2:54am
So where did you guys purchase them from?

- Twinklesxx
LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 8:01am
Twinkle check out Sexi link for LF information.  There are vendors in there.

It also depends on how much money you want to spend.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 8:13am
you purchase from the chinese vendor's at a lower price.. and you can attach and/or send pictures of the type of unit you'd like.. but remember that the chinese vendor's are not stylish they just venilate.. the American Vendor's might specialize in cutting, coloring and styling, but you can't expect that from the Chinese Vendors.. but i usually send a picture inserted in my measurement form.. a lot of the chinese vendors have stock wigs that are ready to wear, and you can email them as ask about their stock wigs.. all you need to know is your circumference measurements and you can ask if your measurements would fit a certain stock unit your interested in..
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by LovelyLisa LovelyLisa wrote:

Twinkle check out Sexi link for LF information.  There are vendors in there.

It also depends on how much money you want to spend.

OMG.....you have the Queen of Knowledge.......Sexibeach
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 12:19pm
I think Yaki looks very convincing.  IMO the Kinky Straights require more time than a lot of ppl are willing to give. I have pics can post....in just a little
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic