Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

curling iron damage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mmms1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmms1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: curling iron damage
    Posted: August 29 2002 at 10:52pm
Hi,

This is an unbelievable site with incredible resources and information!

Does anyone know of a good routine to help heal curling iron damage to the hair around the hairline at the forehead? (A stylist used a curling iron just one time and parts look frizzled or dry.)

I am trying to figure out what routine to use to strengthen and condition the area. I am trying to figure out the best balance of a protein treatment and moisturizing conditioner..Here is what I am considering. I am getting married soon and ANY help is much appreciated.

My ideas:
Shampoo: phyologie`s phyojoba (maybe ARCtec smoothing instead? maybe Furter`s Okara?)
Daily Conditioner: aveda`s curressence (can i use this ever day? would i be better off with something like phytobaum or ARCTec? or Furterer?)
Deep conditioner: twice a week leave in curessence (or is there something else, maybe ARCTec that would be better? maybe a phyto product)
Leave-in: Use Phyto 9 when it seems really dry in that area

I want to avoid overkill....please advise!

Also, the rest of my hair is a little dry, but pretty healthy..so I plan to try to spot-treat the damaged area more than the rest.

I am also trying to let it air-dry as much as possible (using phytodefrisant to help!) as it heals.

If anyone has ANY suggestions, especially which products to use for the next 2 months for the best results. Thanks a million!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic