Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to wrap!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lequia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lequia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to wrap!
    Posted: March 14 2008 at 6:14am
Hey ladies,
Can ya'll please help me...I don't want 2 cornrow my hair underneath my lf..
I want 2 wrap my hair with a gel..my real hair is a little underneath my shoulders..
Can you please tell me how i can do that??
Thankssss
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 6:40am
you can wrap it but i would advise you NOT to use a gel, it will dry your hair out and cause breakage and that would kind of defeat the purpose of wearing a lf which is an excellent protective style to obtain mad growth.. here's a video on how to wrap:

i would strongly urge you to wrap with moisturizing products such as shea butter b/c keeping your hair hidden underneath a lf its important for black hair to be moist.. when i wash and do my routine hair treatments, after the conditioning treatments and shampoos.. i begin while my hair is wet to moisturize with hair growth lotions such as carrot, and olive oil growth lotions and top it off with shea butter, then i seal in the moisture with jamaican black castor oil mixed with wild growth oil.. then i proceed to braid it up like plaits not cornrows.. but like miss celie from the color purple, connecting braids.. section it off in smaller sections and make one braid then i make another section underneath and braid the top braid into the next one, all around my head.. tuck the ends under and then i'm ready to apply my unit..

Lequia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lequia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 6:43am
Thanks sexibeach..
I wanted to use a gel..but i think i better cornrow my hair!!
'Cause it will get poofy if i don't use a gel..
How do you have ur hair untherneath??
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 6:53am
like miss celie braids on the color purple i just make them bigger plaits so its not so bulky.. but i don't cornrow..

i just posted a few different braiding techniques in the newbie thread.. Wink
Lequia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lequia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 7:23am
Thanks girl
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 5:30am
Lequia,

I sometimes wrap my hair.  I used to use a moisturizing wrapping lotion, but I think it was drying.  You really don't need gel to keep it from getting poofy though.  Just brush it around you head when it's very wet and moisturized in small sections.  Pin it in place like at the doobie shops and let it air dry.  A wig cap will help contain any poofiness.  What I love about the wrap is that you can't feel anything under the lf.  Even if someone touches your head they wouldn't know.  I do alternate between wraps and cornrows though bc I find that braids hold moisture a little longer.
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 12:27pm
Lequia, the wrap is the only way I wear my APL hair underneath my lfw...I never use gel because it's very drying to the hair...I use alcohol free moussee and a little leave in conditioner/setting lotion I find that it works for me and I don't have the dryness with my hair. HTH 
Lequia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lequia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 12:42am
Thanks ladies!!!
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 8:19pm
thank you ladies,i was about to ask the same question,im going to apply my new baby and i was wondering how i could wrap my hair without damaging my hair underneath.

you all are great,thanx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic