Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Funny Story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Funny Story
    Posted: March 14 2008 at 10:22am
Hey Ya'll,

Just thought I would share what happened to me yesterday.  I went to the gas company to pay my bill (before they turned me off - lol) and I was being help at the counter by a representative.  There was a another representative at the counter next to me (who was a sister by the way) and I could feel her staring at me, HARD YA'LL (I knew she was trying to figure out if I was wearing a weave and if so where did the tracts start).  Once I finished my transaction, she said "You hair is sooooooooo beautiful, who does your hair?"  Of course I said, "Thank you girl, I do my own!"  She then said, "Girl you do an awesome job, it looks wonderful!"  Then I smiled and walked away.  Once I got outside I started bustin up saying if she only knew.  My picture in my avatar was from yesterday, that was the hair I was wearing. 

I just wanted to share this story with ya'll, I knew you'd get a kick out of it!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 10:25am
well that's too funny and at the same time annoying.. why they gotta know your personal business just give a sista a compliment when they are looking beautiful and don't worry about the steps it took to get there... and you do look beautiful by the wayClap
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 10:34am

Thanks Sexi, it has become hilarious at how women (especially sista's) gotta figure out what you did with you hair instead of just giving a compliment and being on their way! (smile)

PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 10:41am
Your hair is beautiful, and I agree, if you like it, just say so and don't ask questions, especially when you have a lot of people around.  It's like, do you really expect me to answer one way or another?
bookbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 3:45pm

It does look beautiful!! but I am just the opposite I probably would have told her espeacialy if her hair was a mess!!! I have this thing where I want to help everyone!!!! so I guess I talk toooo much huhEmbarrassed?!!!I'm working on it though!!I have to because where I live Everyone's hair is jacked upConfused 

Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by bookbabe bookbabe wrote:

It does look beautiful!! but I am just the opposite I probably would have told her espeacialy if her hair was a mess!!! I have this thing where I want to help everyone!!!! so I guess I talk toooo much huhEmbarrassed?!!!I'm working on it though!!I have to because where I live Everyone's hair is jacked upConfused 

To be quite honest, if it probably wasn't soooooooooooo many folks around I would have let her know cause I am the same way I really want to help folks out that are struggling with their hair, and believe me, her weave was a hot funky mess!!!!!!
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 4:46pm
Girl I totally understand...The same happened to me at Lane Bryant a couple of weeks ago...the girl asked me do I do hair and I was like no.  Then she continued to ask me if I had a cosmo lic. I told her no...but I do dable in hair a little...she was like can you do my hair for me here's my number, call me I'll be ur guinea pig.  So I had to break down and tell her my secret she was shocked...and she still was like okay I wanna try that soon....give me a call in a couple of weeks so I can get with you to order my hair...and have you put it on for me.
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 4:47pm
Well you do look the bomb in your avi -- Poor thing, now she's gonna have a complex trying to get her hair like yours....
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Unladylikediva Unladylikediva wrote:

Girl I totally understand...The same happened to me at Lane Bryant a couple of weeks ago...the girl asked me do I do hair and I was like no.  Then she continued to ask me if I had a cosmo lic. I told her no...but I do dable in hair a little...she was like can you do my hair for me here's my number, call me I'll be ur guinea pig.  So I had to break down and tell her my secret she was shocked...and she still was like okay I wanna try that soon....give me a call in a couple of weeks so I can get with you to order my hair...and have you put it on for me.

I have like 3 women from my church wanting to get lace wigs now cause they couldn't figure out what I was doing to my hair cause I looked so perfect every sunday and all my different styles.  So, I finally broke down and told the sista's what was really up and they couldn't believe it was a wig.  I even let them get close to my hairline (go figure) and check it out and they still were in shock!
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by fllwlover fllwlover wrote:

Well you do look the bomb in your avi -- Poor thing, now she's gonna have a complex trying to get her hair like yours....

Thanks for the compliment ma!  She sure would have a complex cause you all know me and my LW sista's got our hair hooked to perfection at all times....

Giving shouts out to the CV's, AV's....Various Hair Products.....Flat Irons, etc.  LOLLOLLOLLOL
bookbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 5:58pm

That will probably happen to me IF i can get the apps right!!!
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 7:30pm

That will probably happen to me IF i can get the apps right!!!

Best believe it will!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 8:25pm

when's that hair suppose to arrive? LOL
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 8:33pm
bookabe im with. one day we will get those compliments.
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 8:43pm
Girl it will comeThumbs%20Up
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:34pm
Have you got your hair yet bookbabe?
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:16pm
nita...keep em hating gurl! i love stares....
MsLiberty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 11:17pm
Its soooo funny how ppl just can't say you have beautiful hair, and leave it at that.

I was sitting in the airport one time, and I like to wear my hair in a high pony tail, so easy when I'm traveling. Anyway, I was sitting down and talking to this black woman and her kids that were sitting across from me. All of a sudden she ask, so is that tracks or fushion??? I looked her straight in the face and was like THIS IS ALL MINE!!
I was so offended, but more so cause she said it so loud. My white male coworker was sitting next me too. I was like no she didn't. But my coworker (who doesn't know this is not my hair) had my back. He was like yep isn't she beautiful, she's a model!!!

Girl just have to smile and keep it moving!!!
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 10:58am
Originally posted by MsLiberty MsLiberty wrote:

Its soooo funny how ppl just can't say you have beautiful hair, and leave it at that.

I was sitting in the airport one time, and I like to wear my hair in a high pony tail, so easy when I'm traveling. Anyway, I was sitting down and talking to this black woman and her kids that were sitting across from me. All of a sudden she ask, so is that tracks or fushion??? I looked her straight in the face and was like THIS IS ALL MINE!!
I was so offended, but more so cause she said it so loud. My white male coworker was sitting next me too. I was like no she didn't. But my coworker (who doesn't know this is not my hair) had my back. He was like yep isn't she beautiful, she's a model!!!

Girl just have to smile and keep it moving!!!

I love that story!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic