Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

should I let him do it

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shortieblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortieblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: should I let him do it
    Posted: March 16 2008 at 5:11am
I allways cut my husbands hair for him and quite often he asks to do mine for me but I usually say no. But to be honest I really think I should let him go for it. My hairs below chin lengh at the moment and Ive showed him cutting techniques in the past. And I'm not bother how short or funky he makes it.what ya think?
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:47am
surely cant hurt, find some picks that you like and give him some pointers and let it ride!  I'm sure he would love to do it, and he would most likely prepare more than you think whereas not to screw it up and have you never let him do it again.
Good luck, sounds like a fun time!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:52am
My wife and I would do each others hair - I found it very nice.
As long as it is a simple cut, I don't see the harm.
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:57pm
If you are comfortable with him doing your hair then the answer is definately let him cut your hair.  Firstly pick a fairly simple style, that is not complicated to cut, (to give him confidence).  Choose a length longer that you might actually want to go (that way if he cuts it a little short or it needs evening up, you won't end up with your hair shorter than you want).
Thirdly and most importantly before he starts cutting agree if it goes wrong, you do not blame one another. You just go to a stylist to sort it out if need be.  This is supposed to be fun and fulfilling he would like to do.

As you hair is just below chin length then why not get him to give you a chin length bob. This will build his confidence to then cut it short and a bit more complicated and so on and so forth.

Let me know what you think and how you get on.  Also post some before and after pictures if you don't mind.  You can always blur the facesto keep your identity secret if you want too.

All the best
S
Skydancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skydancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:34am
My boyfriend quite often cuts my hair (since I'm at uni it is quite cost effective!) and we have never had any major problems.

If you are up for it then I don't see why you shouldn't let him.
"Sometime's you have to roll the hard six"

"I hope evil takes mastercard"
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:07pm
So Skydancer, What's your hair like? Does your boyfriend just trim it or give you different styles and so on. I'm just interest in how much you let him do and how adventurous you are?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortieblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:14pm
i will post pics when i let him do it :-)
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 9:35pm
Cool, sounds like alot of fun.  I've always enjoyed the haircutting sessions with my wife; hope ya'll do too.
HAWG
Skydancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skydancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 1:40pm

Nothing too adventurous, usually just a trim or an inch or two off the length.

Most adventurous was from just below my shoulders to a chin length bob.

"Sometime's you have to roll the hard six"

"I hope evil takes mastercard"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortieblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 3:06pm

WELL WE DID IT TOGETHER. HERES AN AFTER PIC. DONT HAVE A BEFORE BUT IT WAS STRAGLY AND BORING. IVE HAD IT LIKE THIS BEFORE AND THINK IT SUITE ME WELL. opps sorry caps was locked on

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic