Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Methods of dreading.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gnarly_waves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarly_waves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Methods of dreading.
    Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:45pm
Hi, I know there are different ways to get dreadlocks, like backcombing, dread perm, etc., but I don't know which would work best for my hair. I am white with fairly thick, curly hair. My hair is like 3, maybe 3 1/2 in. long. I got a pic of it. What method would be good for me? Would my hair work good for dreads? Would dread twists or whatever work for me? Or would that leave me with loose hairs or something? Or, with my hair texture, am I just simply going to have loose hairs or no? What is a dread perm? Is 3 inches a good length to start dreads or should I keep growing it then lock it?

Sorry, that's a lot of questions lol, but any answers would be very helpful and much appreciated it. I don't really wanna cut my hair but I would like to do something with this...

lol. I really would like to get dreads.

Edited by gnarly_waves - March 16 2008 at 5:25pm
"but this is the remix, with the cheap tricks, hittin' sweet licks, and I cut the braids off but the waves in the fade'll make you seasick!"

delleaux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delleaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2008 at 7:51pm
I would back comb them it is natural and you do not have use a chemical to do it. try knottyboy.com they have a video tutorial showing you how it is done. The guy has very thick wavy red hair and she was able to backcomb those puppies to submission. Smile
Dread pride!!!!!@}-----
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic