Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone ever noticed your lace wig!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BooBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BooBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone ever noticed your lace wig!?
    Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:57pm
Feel free to include funny stories if so..lol..I just wonder if the lace is quite detectable up close?!!
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 11:10pm
Mine isn't it is very undetectable. I always do a natural light test to make sure. I can see it if I look really hard, but that is because I know that it is there, and I have a trained eye.
BooBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BooBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 11:15pm
I saw your photos of one of your wigs, yours is really realistic looking. well the one I saw was! A brown curly one. Lovely :)
ragcajun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragcajun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 12:09am
Well let me say, I did my second application on Saturday.  I did the natural light test and I could see and tell.  So I threw a cap on to hide the white stuff. 
I would have been embarrased out with my spouse. LOL

I have a stock unit so it's too darn small.  I am waiting on my custom unit to arrive. It's been almost two months! I had to place it behind my hair line to get it to fit.  Unladylikediva gave me a great how to lesson.  It's looks nice. But I have too much hair on the wig.  I need a hair cut.  Even my husband says I need a hair cut to make it more "natural".

I think once it's cut and I learn how to apply it.  I will fill more comfortable while wearing it.  Then maybe no one else will notice it.
CoolAzFemale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoolAzFemale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 12:29am
I haven't had anybody notice...it's the assumptions that kill me. Folks just assume that our hair just can't be ours!

I had been away from work for a week, so I took that opportunity to come back with my hair a little lighter, nothing too drastic. Anyway, this girl at work...melanin-deficient (gotta be politically correct Wink) gonna say "ooh, you got new hair"! Just all out!
I was like, no, same hair..just put some dye in it.

She's one of those girls who "had a friend who taught her about weaves" nobody paid her no mind except me and the other naturally tanned (p/c Wink) girl there, who has natural shoulder length hair. We just looked at each other.

I had to tell her that just because you "know about weaves" you shouldn' just assume that every black girl (done wit p/c) with long hair has a wig/weave. She apologized and said that since she knew I had had chemo that she figured it wasn't all mine. I couldn't really get mad after that explanation.....but still.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 7:06am
no has figured out a thing for me.. b/c i ain't coming out until its right.. LOL
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 7:11am
I'm completely open about me wearing the lace.  Everyone at work that knows me knows what's going on.  Strangers have no clue.  I was in the mall Saturday and I could see people were track checking me.  Even my husband saw it.  He was like "Why are those women staring at you?"  I told him they were track checking, he just started laughing. 
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:02am
No one knows. I have had my thin skin wig on for almost 2 weeks now, and no one is the wiser. People just compliment and tell me my hair has a lot of body, they ask me who does my hair, etc.
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:11am
the close people in my life know that I am wearing a wig, but everyone else think I got an awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome weave (lol).  Unfortunately when I was first looking at lace wigs my boss was standing over my shoulder looking at my computer screen and saying to me, "you're buying a wig?"  So he knows I have a wig but he is such a butthead because he will say to me, "wig looks good" or "you wiggin today", and since I have been hit on sooooo much more since I have been wearing the lace wigs he'll say "it must be the wig".  I had to inform him that he was going to get drop kicked really soon if he keeps open up his big mouth (he and I have worked together for 6 years so we have like a brother and sister relationship).  I also told him you don't talk about a black womans hair like that cause you will get knock out! (of course he's white).

Edited by Shonita24 - March 17 2008 at 11:11am
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Shonita24 Shonita24 wrote:

the close people in my life know that I am wearing a wig, but everyone else think I got an awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome weave (lol).  Unfortunately when I was first looking at lace wigs my boss was standing over my shoulder looking at my computer screen and saying to me, "you're buying a wig?"  So he knows I have a wig but he is such a butthead because he will say to me, "wig looks good" or "you wiggin today", and since I have been hit on sooooo much more since I have been wearing the lace wigs he'll say "it must be the wig".  I had to inform him that he was going to get drop kicked really soon if he keeps open up his big mouth (he and I have worked together for 6 years so we have like a brother and sister relationship).  I also told him you don't talk about a black womans hair like that cause you will get knock out! (of course he's white).

i'm sorry he's have to be taken out since he knows he wouldn't be allowed to live.. LOL
TooBlessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooBlessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:14am
Nope, very few stares.  It seems that whenever I am in a Duane Reade, Walgreens or stores like that, the cashiers briefly stare at my hair and say "your hair looks nice".  That's really it.  I try to keep my LFs wearing appearing natural, even when I go lighter or darker. 

I was schooling a co-worker on LFs and she looked at me and said "I always wondered about your hair looking healthy all the time, even when you dye it."  I just started laughing.LOLLOL

Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:16am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Originally posted by Shonita24 Shonita24 wrote:

i'm sorry he's have to be taken out since he knows he wouldn't be allowed to live.. LOL

I agree, I told him he better be glad he's my brother from another mother cause I would have to lose my salvation and cuss him OUT!LOLLOLLOL
Bella8933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bella8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 2:42pm
A couple of close friends know of course - but no one else has a clue.
I got a lot of compliments when I went to work ... some girls said 'oh now this your real hair - right? One out and out asked (a friend) what it was, I told here it was a weave and I just let her run her fingers through it. She said this is a very, very good weave! I just explained that I pay big for a special process.

I don't get ANY stares at my hairline at all. :)

I think people either think it's all mine or it's part mine ... part a weave.

I'm not telling anyone either!

Edited by Bella8933 - March 17 2008 at 2:45pm
luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by TooBlessed TooBlessed wrote:

Nope, very few stares.  It seems that whenever I am in a Duane Reade, Walgreens or stores like that, the cashiers briefly stare at my hair and say "your hair looks nice".  That's really it.  I try to keep my LFs wearing appearing natural, even when I go lighter or darker. 

I was schooling a co-worker on LFs and she looked at me and said "I always wondered about your hair looking healthy all the time, even when you dye it."  I just started laughing.LOLLOL

i always get the girls at duane reade staring!

anyway the other day (i posted about it on bhm) a "friend" put me on blast because I guess she saw the lace and said "THAT WEAVE PART lOOKS SO GOOD!" out loud in a crowded bar. D:
M0N!QU3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M0N!QU3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 7:46pm

I was walking on the yard one day and this girl kept looking at me. I didnt think nothing of it, because i had my CV in looking to cute while my mid back shoulder hair bounced as I walk. This girl was at the student center, she ran behind me. Kept trying to get my attention. I heard that she was trying to get my attention. So I started walking fast so I can check the mirror in the restroom n the nearest  restoom. She caught to me and ask me was that a lace front because she heard I wear. I was so speechless, embrassed, and kind of shocked. I shooked my head and said you heard wrong I just do a really good weave lmao. And walk away smiling while she stood there in confusementTongue

Edited by M0N!QU3 - March 19 2008 at 7:47pm
Walk Softly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walk Softly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 2:17am
No one has mentioned anything that would give an indication they knew.  I always get you have nice hair, or I like your hair.  And the occasional what are youdeelybobs?  Things that will get you noticed:  very silky hair; very, very long hair; very very very light colored hair.  Unless of course, that is, uhmm, "natural"  for you.   I happen to be rather shy!
JazzyGeri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazzyGeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 7:20am
Originally posted by M0N!QU3 M0N!QU3 wrote:

I was walking on the yard one day and this girl kept looking at me. I didnt think nothing of it, because i had my CV in looking to cute while my mid back shoulder hair bounced as I walk. This girl was at the student center, she ran behind me. Kept trying to get my attention. I heard that she was trying to get my attention. So I started walking fast so I can check the mirror in the restroom n the nearest  restoom. She caught to me and ask me was that a lace front because she heard I wear. I was so speechless, embrassed, and kind of shocked. I shooked my head and said you heard wrong I just do a really good weave lmao. And walk away smiling while she stood there in confusementTongue

Oh my lord, you don't chase a perfect stranger just to have a good old nosy at their bonce business! Jeeez, I'd have slapped that bitch and suggested she tried wearing a lf instead of going round looking like a poo poo head barmy
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 9:47am
Nope.....They cant figure me out. I have so many wigs. I look like different people all the time. hell my hubby can barely fugure me out.
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 5:39pm

The other day this guy of all people ask me is that a wig or weave that you are wearing I was like WTF, take your g*y aZZ over there and sit down!furious

essence916 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essence916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 9:05pm
nobody busted me out yet!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic