Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cutting a little off the back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LaceLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaceLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutting a little off the back
    Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:32am

For those of you who are cutting your wigs yourselves, what method are you using for cutting the back?  I have a stock unit from AAMH, and it’s too long in the back for my liking.  I was thinking of putting the hair in a high ponytail and then cutting the ends straight across (I saw this method on Youtube).  What do guys think?

PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:37am
Are you talking about the hair or the lace?  If you're talking about the hair, I've seen that method too on youtube and even though I've never tried it, I heard it works.
TooBlessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooBlessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:40am

What I've done is a long process, but it makes the nape very realistic looking.

Place the LF on your head. 

Carefully place two straightpins around the point where you want to cut it or flip the nape up and use a marker to mark where you want to cut the excess off.

Take the LF off and turn it inside out on a mannequin head.

Get a template (using saran wrap) of your natural hairline and add an inch to the bottom so that your adhesives will not touch your natural hair. 

Now use that template to cut a natural nape hairline.

I hope that makes sense.Big%20smile

LaceLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaceLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:41am
Oops!  Sorry, yes, I'm talking about the hair.  I'm glad to hear that it works.  Thanks for your input.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:45am
i've measured to the point where i think the unit should fit, and then part the hair in that section.. cut in between the part more so on the side that's going to be discarded so you won't disturb the knots on the side that you will keep.
LaceLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaceLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:08pm
Thanks, guys.  Wink
lafemmenoir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lafemmenoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:24pm
Too Blessed, that is amazingly brilliant suggestion.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic