Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why did you start wearing LF's?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
CoolAzFemale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoolAzFemale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 10:28pm
I lost my hair to chemo a few years ago, and was rocking the mess outta BSS wigs during chemo, then once it was over, I found BHM and LF wigs.

My hair still hasn't grown out enough yet. I actually like my hair, its a 3c curl, it looks like baby hair, but its at a length where I can't do anything with it. So I'm trying to grow it out with no chemicals and heat!

Plus I love the versatility of LF's!!!!                                                     
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:53am
A little bit of alopecia and a whole lot of versatility is the reason I am wearing LF
B-licious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B-licious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 1:53pm
Alopecia, about a palm size bald spot on the top of my head.  I am so happy I found you all.  I have not received my LF yet, so I am waiting.

B-Lish
BlainesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlainesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 7:04pm

I happened upon BHM in November of '07, looking for an easy way to do something with my own hair ( which is waist long). I had been wearing the side swept ponytail for several years. I started reading the threads from these remarkable ladies about the Lace. Well, to make a long story short I am so into this Hair CrackTongue, I now own 12 and awaiting no. 13 from Rex. I could never imagine going without my lace!

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by CoolAzFemale CoolAzFemale wrote:

I lost my hair to chemo a few years ago, and was rocking the mess outta BSS wigs during chemo, then once it was over, I found BHM and LF wigs.

My hair still hasn't grown out enough yet. I actually like my hair, its a 3c curl, it looks like baby hair, but its at a length where I can't do anything with it. So I'm trying to grow it out with no chemicals and heat!

Plus I love the versatility of LF's!!!!                                                     

i didn't know this, but you know with ladies that go thru chemo, and alopecia its so great to help others.. b/c its more than a fashion statement for some of the ladies, its so worth it to help others..
fansee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fansee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 8:07pm

my reason for wearing lace wigs is to let my own hair grow back after cutting off my relaxed hair. I love the versatility of being able to choose between silky straight, wavy, curly etc.. and once my natural hair reaches the desired length , I'll have kinky curly except it will be my ownSmile. Now will i stop wearing lace wigs after my hair reaches the desired lenght? NOno Imma still be rocking my lace wigs I'll just have an extra style to incorporate into my collectionLOL.

soxgirl119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soxgirl119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 8:20pm
I want to try new things and I'm sick of paying too much to get my hair done. Lacefronts are a great investment and it saves you money in the long run.
GeminiBaby08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeminiBaby08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 6:47am
Hey Ladies,

One of my hair clients started to talk about LFW and I started to do my homework. I couldn't believe how it looked so real when applied. So I jumped on the wagon. My real hair was thinning due to many years of perming and tracks. I made some mistakes in my purchasing and apps in the beginning. But I finally got it right thanks to the info I received on BHM and this site. NOW my hair is growing stronger than ever and I just love the versitility when it comes to LFW. Now I don't have to worry about blending my hair in with tracks or any of the other stuff I dealt with. Yes this is a costly habit but I look at it as an investment. Now will I wear my real hair when it grows the length I want YES. But I'll always be a LFW sista. Put me in the grave with my LWF ON.
~~MrsJones~~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~~MrsJones~~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 7:35am
I found out about lace wigs a few years ago when a girl in one of my classes was being talked about by the other girls. She had short fuzzy hair and no eyebrows so they always made jokes her hair. I found out that she was a cancer survivor and that she had lost most of her hair to chemo so I gave her one of my wigs that I had at home. She was sad because she was getting married soon so I started doing research. I found her a lace wig and then was amazed at how great she looked. Now I'm Hooked.I have only had one relaxer in my life and I dyed my hair blonde recently so I want to protect my hair from all the pressing and stuff.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic