Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cutting Lace???????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senegalese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutting Lace???????
    Posted: March 18 2008 at 9:01pm
Hey ladies,

I saw this on Sexi"s newbies info "Leave about 1/8" of lace around the hairline. (I cut in a zig zag manner..Others suggest using trimming shears)...You can always adjust later.  Do a dry run by placing the unit on your head where you will want it positionned"
Stupid question, why do u leave a little bit of lace? Does it help have a more natural looking app? I haven't left any lace on my 2 babies?

Merci
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 10:29pm
I do leave a little lace out. I dunno why, I just like it. The lace blends in perfectly so I really don't have any problems with that. I think it gives me a little more grip room & room for a little fraying before I have to dial 911
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 5:30am
i think until your applications skills get in check it will help b/c you will beat down a unit trying to perfect your skills and the lace frays that's way you can cut back a little bit as you learn..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 9:10am
Thanks ladies.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Senegalese Senegalese wrote:

Thanks ladies.

i forgot to say i use pinking shears to cut the lace so that' its not an even straight cut but a zig zag b/c it blends better..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 4:53pm
Thanks for the tip Sexi
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:43am
Shocked I never stop learning from you! "Pinking Shears"... GENIUS! Now I have to buy another unit so I can use that technique! Wink
Philigrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philigrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 10:25am
Good tips. As a newbie I was scared to cut lace and now I zip right through it and I am confident in cutting all the way back. I had too many problems with the extra lace lying on my skin - not blending and all. I do not like to wear foundation and did not want to cover lace with it. Cutting all the way back works for me and looks great but if you're new to it you may need that extra lace.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic