Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Over bleached knots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tefna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tefna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Over bleached knots
    Posted: March 20 2008 at 4:03pm

Ladies, I need some help here. I overbleached my knots and they r now white. No not gray- but white. How can i correct this mistake.??Cry

Word of caution!! Never bleach dem knots b4 doing the rit dip! This is what happensAngry
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 4:10pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 4:29pm

what did you use to bleach them? b/c i've never used Breh's new tip product, but if its like that Sally Hansen bleach it might be a fast bleaching system.. which is the why i don't use b/c you can't leave it on for very long, b/c its a extremely fast bleaching system.. you can't even leave them, you have to stand over them.. if that system is like ths Sally Hansen then the rits had nothing to do with it, it would lighten fast without the rits remover.. the rits remover is recommended for like the loreal super blonde lighter which you can leave on for 30 min..

now if it is like the Sally Hansen Bleach you can't redo those knots you need to seal them as quickly as you can and i would recommend the 3M77 and the freeze both.. if the bleach dyed the roots of the unit you can touch it up with the kit suggested..

Edited by sexibeach - March 20 2008 at 4:30pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 4:41pm
i was hoping you'd respond to tell me what you used so i can help you.. i got do a quick workout so i'll check back.. maybe Breh will see this and help you, but since we both don't know what you used we need to wait on you to reply in order to help you..
tefna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tefna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 6:43pm
Sorry for the delay sexi. I used the powder bleach and 30 vol developer- this bleach http://ngvi.ebay.com/vi?ngvi&backtoid=3&ppsp=1&li=0&pdp=0&sspagename=WD1V&dsr=0&item=180191174438&backto=http%3A%2F%2Fhealth-beauty.search.ebay.com%2Fbleach_Other_W0QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ31412&pass=5xqb5h8pNs8FVevxkLj44F%2BMRuk%3D
The mistake i made was that yesterday when i bleached it- i waited for some time - beacuse the knots didnt budge. So you guys suggested i do the rit dip- which i did today and after a couple of dips- i rinsed and voila i had white roots.
Hope its fixable- thanks sexi and curlygirl
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 6:53pm
ok that's normal its like the chemicals pushed thru the holes.. get a little brush and fill in those roots with a hair color.. i did that my first time too.. but leave the knots alone cuz they bleached.. and just FYI i do the rits dye first then bleach the knots and keep a close eye on them..LOL next time do a test patch b4 you do the rest after using the rits dye.. yes if you color anything first like i did that this weekend i color my virgin unit with a light brown hair color, and then did the rits dye dip, and YEP it boosted up the color to a pretty chocolate brown, but that's what i was going for...
tefna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tefna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 7:02pm
Sexi, can i use any hair color for the roots- coz the hair is 1b so do i need to do the roots black or brown. thankx
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 7:19pm
get a dark brown to do the roots, if u get black it will be too black! if u see an off black dye get that, but dark brown is perfect, I have used it numerous times.
tefna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tefna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 7:20pm
thanks amazonWink
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 7:22pm
she's absolutely correct!!!
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 7:48pm
I have the same issue and have purchased the touch up kit above.  For those of you who have done it, do I have to put vaseline on the lace? Or can I just do it?
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by griff griff wrote:

I have the same issue and have purchased the touch up kit above.  For those of you who have done it, do I have to put vaseline on the lace? Or can I just do it?

well you just bleached them knots you don't really want to take a chance and get them dark brown again.. i would just rub a little oil on the cap in that area..

BTW i added how i bleach my knots in the newbie thread

Edited by sexibeach - March 20 2008 at 7:53pm
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 9:28pm
Ooooh thanks!  Running over to check out your method...

Sexi, do you ever do your own repairs?  Is it hard?
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 9:58pm

The kit that I use is not like the Sally Hansen cream bleach .It comes with powder bleach and 40 developer.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Breh Breh wrote:

The kit that I use is not like the Sally Hansen cream bleach .It comes with powder bleach and 40 developer.

yes i know its not the same, i was just asking b/c that sally hansen is serious business i didn't know what she used.. she used something entirely different from yours and the sally hansen altho i might get some of what she used tho.. and yours since its getting great reveiws..
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 9:23am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

yes i know its not the same, i was just asking b/c that sally hansen is serious business i didn't know what she used.. she used something entirely different from yours and the sally hansen altho i might get some of what she used tho.. and yours since its getting great reveiws..

It works great every time I do it. I haven't had to do the rit dye remover dip or nothing. I am scared over bleaching, so I leave mine on for about 10 mins tops, and then I hurry and rinse it off to check my progress. If I like it then  wash, condition, and seal, if not then I re-bleach for about 5 more mins, then rinse, wash, condition, and seal.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:49am

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

It works great every time I do it. I haven't had to do the rit dye remover dip or nothing. I am scared over bleaching, so I leave mine on for about 10 mins tops, and then I hurry and rinse it off to check my progress. If I like it then  wash, condition, and seal, if not then I re-bleach for about 5 more mins, then rinse, wash, condition, and seal.

ok i'm might pick some up today...
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 11:12pm
Alright, I just used the root touch up kit and it worked wonders.  No more orange roots for me.  I put a little vaseline on the parts and all around the edges and touched up those parts.  Thanks for the tip.  You may have saved my lf after all!
Samria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 11:24am
You Ladie's are soooooo Beautiful...rose
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 10:49pm
Thanks Samria Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic