Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tame them curls girls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
newtolacewigs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtolacewigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tame them curls girls
    Posted: March 21 2008 at 5:00am

Okay so I just purchased my first lf and it is a tight wavy. I wanted to get some tips on taming it so I decided to visit the curly hair forum and stumbled across this. The article mentions products by curly hair solutions. You can find these products here http://www.naturallycurly.com/. I think that I'm going to try the curl keeper.

This guide offers tips on how to manage and maintain healthy curly hair as well as some amazing recommended products that really do work!

http://www.healthmad.com/Beauty/How-to-Maintain-Healthy-Curly-Hair.45538

newtolacewigs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtolacewigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 5:09am
Ok, so I found another site http://alagio.com/ . This line of products was voted most wanted hair product by style magazine and they have a curly line. The best thing is that the website has a list of stores where this can be purchased so you can probably run out to the store and pick this up instead of ordering online.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 8:14am
great information i'll add it to the newbie thread.. Wink
CoolAzFemale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoolAzFemale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 12:27pm
I also just received my first tight curl from Jacksun ( bought it off a member). I was a little scared of all those curls, cuz when I put her on it was too much and the looked kinda "ashy". I washed the unit using my Dominican 10en1 shampoo (LOVE THIS STUFF), then nuked her with Solicon mix for a minute, rinsed, then mixed Silicon Leave-In with Whale Sperm Oil and applied and sealed with coconut oil. I wanted to see the result, so I blow dried her....cool air only with a diffuser. And the curls are soft, moisterized, defined, and shiny!

Just my two cents on what worked for me.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by CoolAzFemale CoolAzFemale wrote:

I also just received my first tight curl from Jacksun ( bought it off a member). I was a little scared of all those curls, cuz when I put her on it was too much and the looked kinda "ashy". I washed the unit using my Dominican 10en1 shampoo (LOVE THIS STUFF), then nuked her with Solicon mix for a minute, rinsed, then mixed Silicon Leave-In with Whale Sperm Oil and applied and sealed with coconut oil. I wanted to see the result, so I blow dried her....cool air only with a diffuser. And the curls are soft, moisterized, defined, and shiny!

sounds like a great combo for the curly's cuz you know they high maintenance so that definitely sounds like that got the trick done..
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 5:16pm
This may not be a popular opinion, but I don't think curly hair NEEDS curly hair products! haha. What I mean is, if you look at the ingredients in a curly hair product, it will be similar (in general) to that of any other product for straight. All that is added is maybe a moisturizer/conditioner and a holding product (like gel). I have naturally curly spirally hair. When I wear   my hair curly, I have to layer products. I would always start with wet to damp hair, then a light leave-in, then a light serum, then a gel (hard or soft). I believe that these are what curly hair products basically are. another thing I want to add: water with nothing else on the hair, will DRY the hair! think about it: if you lick your lips without lip balm, they will dry out. It's the same with hair --- water is not a moisturizer, but it is great as a base before leave-ins/serums/oils/gels. Hope this helps someone? LOL! Thanks for listening/reading.

Thank%20You

ljdream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 11:52pm
Geek okay? got a question for you CoolAzFemale,

/lj taken notes ova here/

What do you mean by sealing your hair with coconut oil?
Do you make it a liquid first then apply to your hair like it's a hair balm?
Do you have to nuke it again to make it seal. Just curious.
Embarrassed
Thanks

Originally posted by CoolAzFemale CoolAzFemale wrote:

fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 7:02pm

Lj, I wanted to reply to your post, although I'm not CoolAz!

I hope I can speak for her and tell you that by sealing with coconut oil, she means applying the oil right over a leave-in. This way the leave-in is 'sealed' into the hair and won't dry out as quickly. You don't have to nuke the coconut oil.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic