Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BHM is so slooow right now!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
militantcarrot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote militantcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BHM is so slooow right now!
    Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:51pm
I lurked on BHM for since mid-2004 and never posted a thing. I was about to make my first post on BHM right before the site went down but after it came back up, posting there doesn't look too exciting, especially not fifty times either to get up to a topic. So I'm making my first ever forum post here! Hello ladies!Big%20smile

Edited by militantcarrot - March 21 2008 at 10:51pm
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 11:07pm
Hello and welcome.

BHM has slowed down a LOT since most of us on this board left there to get away from a lot of the uneccessary drama that goes on there at times. Don't get me wrong, there are still a LOT of good people over there but there are also a few nuts who love to stir up mess and do their best to get under other people's skin.

The ladies on this board are about helping each other and being helped as well as sharing our hair successes and our hair disaster with each other. You won't find a bunch of name calling, threats of violence and all that other immature foolishness here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote militantcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 11:17pm
Sounds great, I hope this forum gets really popular cuz I'm liking the laid back environment. In lace front news, I just applied a stock light yaki from Rex. I'm a lil disappointed cuz the unit is extra thin, especially in all the wrong places. I actually had to add two tracks in the back to fill in the scragliness. It seems as if they did the most ventilation in the top middle and front sides of the unit. Strange

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by militantcarrot militantcarrot wrote:

Sounds great, I hope this forum gets really popular cuz I'm liking the laid back environment. In lace front news, I just applied a stock light yaki from Rex. I'm a lil disappointed cuz the unit is extra thin, especially in all the wrong places. I actually had to add two tracks in the back to fill in the scragliness. It seems as if they did the most ventilation in the top middle and front sides of the unit. Strange

Wow! What's going on with Rex?

If you trim the back (maybe a 1/2") where it's light so that you have a blunt edge back there that will help it look fuller.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote militantcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 11:36pm
Thanks for the suggestion, but it's a 12inch (that actually looks more like 10") so I'm reluctant to take any more length off. It's too bad b/c I got a curly from him a couple weeks ago that I loved right out of the bag!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 11:43pm

Dang. Sorry to hear that Confused 

Since you know from personal experience that he is capable of making really good units I wonder if you took pictures of the thin density in the back and e-mailed it to him with a request to get a discount off your next purchase if he would do it ? It couldn't hurt to ask. Right ? The worst that could possibly happen is he might say no and you'd be in the exact same position you're in right now.
newtolacewigs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtolacewigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 2:30am
welcomemillitantcarrot. I too lurked for a while and decided to make my first post here.  I love it here so far. It's so laid back and everyone is so nice when you have a question.

Edited by newtolacewigs - March 22 2008 at 2:31am
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 3:05am
Welcome welcome welcome!!!! I'm sorry your unit is sooo thin!!! Like Curly said you could contact him and possibly have the next order discounted. Its always worth a try since these units become addictive.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 7:33am
hey welcome glad your here!Clap
Samria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 11:20am
Hey Girl...girlpowerwelcome2sign

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote militantcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 12:56pm
Thanks everyone! I think I might try to ask Rex for a discount, but do you think he will want a picture of the thinness? I already added the tracks and now I'm kind of happy with the unit, it gives it that layered look that the people at the salon would have probably been afraid to do, if they even AGREED to cut the unit in the first place (y'all know how they be trippin Angry! Either way, it still sucks that I had to add crusty tracks to the back of this unit...
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 6:33pm
BHM is very slow these days, I continue to lurk.  But what's funny is they say that this board is slow.  HUH?
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 7:00pm
welcome
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic