Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tip For Dry Ends

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tip For Dry Ends
    Posted: March 23 2008 at 5:02pm
that's very true especially for your own natural black hair, which i've put this in the newbie thread for our natural hair care..

but this tip is for indian hair on a lf that's no longer attached to a follicle and it only calls for 2 or 3 times a week b/c its not getting the natural oils from the follicle so it tends to be dry especially if chemcially process..and only to be used if your experiencing dryness with your lf hair with an over night treatment, and/or prior to shampooing..basically its like pre poo which i do to my natural hair b4 washing, i do a deep heating treatment with dabur amla oil so that my hair won't be so dried out prior to shampoo and so it will retain some moisture.. 

other ethinic hair is for the most part has more oils that come from the hair follicle that's why they usually wash it daily so their hair doesn't become greasy..

Sebaceous glands secrete an oily substance called sebum (Latin, meaning fat or tallow) that is made of fat (lipids) and the debris of dead fat-producing cells. In the glands, sebum is produced within specialized cells and is released as these cells burst; sebaceous glands are thus classified as holocrine glands Sebum itself is odorless, but its bacterial breakdown can produce odors. Sebum is one cause of some people experiencing "oily" hair if it is not washed for several days. Earwax is partly composed of sebum. Sebum acts to protect and waterproof hair and skin, and keep them from becoming dry, brittle, and cracked. It can also inhibit the growth of microorganisms on skin. This is what makes the face oily.

which we as black women can't do that, we can't wash our hair everyday and its not necessary for us, we are totally opposite in our hair care, we need all the moisture we can get and sealing with oil is key after using moisturing products to lock in the moisture as you say and i totally agree with that..

Edited by sexibeach - March 23 2008 at 5:52pm
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 4:56pm
I will say that olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil and castor oil are some of my favourite hair oils. the only thing I would suggest or warn about using them: don't continuously apply oil to your ends day-to-day. You will likely find that this will, in fact, lead to dryness and crunchiness of your hair. This is because you are sealing the hair the first time you use it, so subsequent applications are sealing OUT moisture and the hair cannot suck up any more moisture. This may be altered if you try a light moisturizer or water, THEN the oil. Hope this helps --- it's from personal experience!Tongue
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 6:31pm
I will definitely be trying to tip.  The curly I was wearing this week kept knotting up on me.  Not because it needed a bleach bath, but because the ends were extremely dry.  The next time I apply it, I will put this tip to the test and let you know.  Thanks Sexi.
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 4:19pm
Thanks for the tip Sexi!!!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Breh Breh wrote:

Thanks for the tip Sexi. I wonder if Jojoba oil will work as well. I know Olive oil is great, and so is Jojoba. What do you think? You mean apply it to the ends of the lf right?

i don't see why it wouldn't i would probably even think the dabur amla oil would work too since women from india use that on their hair anyways..
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 10:48am

Thanks for the tip Sexi. I wonder if Jojoba oil will work as well. I know Olive oil is great, and so is Jojoba. What do you think? You mean apply it to the ends of the lf right?

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 7:40am
While i was doing my hair treatments last night i was doing a little research to add to the newbie thread and i found some good tips.. One being a tip for dry ends.. the rest of this list is found in the newbie threads so i don't know if any of you experience this but i'd thought i'd post it on the board:

Dry Ends

To keep hair from dryness, please apply olive oil two to three times weekly prior to shampooing. Olive oil left on the hair overnight on the ends only is very effective. Remember Lace Front Wig hair does not have the benefit of your own natural scalp oils, so olive oil will help to replace those necessary oils in the hair shaft.

Also Jadevetti was kind enough to share her fokti pictures of her new All about my hair lf. and she did an excellent job applying with the natural part using the steri strips. She's a brown skin sister and she's living proof that tip CAN WORK FOR EVERYBODY which really makes me sooooooooooooo happy and excited. So for the brown skin sister's you might wanna check out her thread b/c she didn't put pic's in the title so you might not know that she has them available to be viewed..

Edited by sexibeach - March 22 2008 at 7:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic