Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for Ladies-in-wait

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
itzdaun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itzdaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips for Ladies-in-wait
    Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:51am
Waiting on a new unit, when you only have one, and it's looking more and more like a beater, can be rough. I thought maybe we could offer some tips for keeping you looking on pointe while you wait.
I'll start:

If you can afford it, have a spare unit on hand , and rotate the units. This will prolong the life of both units, and not leave you in a lurch when it's time to order a new one.However, there are some of us, I'm sure, who don't have this option. LF's are expensive, but you shouldn't have to have disposable income to look good.

These tips are for those who don't have the option of spending a grand on their hair, all at once.
If there are any ladies who've had to improvise until a unit arrives, there's no shame in getting as much mileage out of a unit as they can. Any tips you might have on acheiving this end, please take the time to post them here.

My contribution:
Try and keep some good quality BSS hair on hand for when you end up waiting for a unit, or to stretch out wear time.
I'm waiting on a unit right now, and my curly hair was looking a little thin, so I went and got some good quality deep wave--not wet and wavy- texturized    the ends, and added a couple tracks, and voila. It looks awesome again, and I can breathe a little easier, until the new one arrives.

Edited by itzdaun - March 23 2008 at 11:24am
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 11:22am
I have worn regular wigs for years. So I think it is a great idea to always have a some regular non LF wigs around to throw on your head, they do not have to be the same style and length as your LF wig, u can wear them in varying lengths, styles and colors- so that a regular wig will not only get u over in case of an emergency, but it will also allow u to change up your style and try something different every once in a while.  Just be careful with synthetic hair because if u sweat in it to much, especially in the nape it will start to get hard and nappy.
itzdaun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itzdaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 3:23pm
bump
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 4:23pm
thats great, i;ve got some that i just done worn to death but i love them still i make them work.. b/c i like the density or whatever if its thinned in the back i've measure another unit that has a full back and cut them in half get the clear thread and put them together and i have a wonderful new one..
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 1:25pm
Thanks for the tips
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic