Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Incredible shrinking lace??!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Incredible shrinking lace??!!
    Posted: March 24 2008 at 3:49pm
Okay so I'm still a newbie, purchased my first unit last november from freedelee. its a yaki IR.  i rocked it for a couple months until i decided to order a unit from Jacksun. that one was curly and I absolutley fell in love with it.
SOO my yaki from freeedelee has been sitting in a ziplock bag since January. Well I decided to switch up and I go and put my yaki on today and ITS TOO SMALL!! How did this happen? I even though about the fact that my hair has grown, but it didnt grow THAT much in 3 months that the unit wont fit. Plus my unit from Jacksun fits just fine, so if the hair growth theory were acurate that would mean my jacksun should be too small too rite?Confused Im just confused, has anyone ever heard of a lace front shrinking because u didt wear it? And is there anything i can do to remedy this?
TIA
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 4:24pm
did you try it on when you first got it? you could wash it and stretch it across the wig head and pin it down stretching it as much as you can while it wet.. and let it air dry it might stretch some..
phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 4:35pm
thank sexi, Im gonna try that rite now. It fit just fine for the first 2 months. I need to give it a bleach bath anyway, cause its prone to tangle. thats why i stopped wearing it in the first place. I'm gonna BB and put it on the mannequin to see what happens. Ill give an update later of my results
Walk Softly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walk Softly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 10:05am
My freedelee lf did the same thing!  I got it to stretch a little bit, but I ended up sewing a 2 inch strip cut from an old lf around the nape to give it some wiggle room! Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic