Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

layered hair help!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wendyladi98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: layered hair help!!!!
    Posted: March 24 2008 at 10:32pm
Hi, I recently got a layered hair cut and didn't  pay to get it styled or anything so I am at a loss as to what to do with it besides straightening which is very painstaking and time consuming. basically I have bangs, a layer that reminds me of a shortish bob (longer in front than at the crown), and longer hair that barely brushes my shoulders.  The only thing I have been able to do so far is blow dry it straight and flip up the ends with a round brush. I really like wearing my hair  up in claw clips but the shortest layer won't always cooperate...I wish I had a pic to show you but I am  without a camera at the moment...I am stuck with this cut for a while as I refuse to go shorter.  Ideas, photos, etc are most helpful. The other thing is I am really trying to use a minimum of bad stuff on my hair like heat and would like to figure out some really low maintenance styles so I am not blowdrying my hair every day if possible.
Thanks,
Wendy

Edited by wendyladi98 - March 24 2008 at 10:49pm
"In the darkness, see the light. Remember God loves you"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 10:48pm
I forgot to add that my hair is pretty much on the straight side but the shorter layers have a little more wave than I would like and the longest layer has  no body at all which makes my hair look really poofy  at the top and back and flat at the ends if that makes sense. I think what I really need is step by step tips  getting fresh out of the shower to a great look...I am missing something somewhere...
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 8:16am
It sounds like your hair isn't cooperating with your haircut.  I know you said you didn't want to go shorter, but it sounds like the long layer is too long to behave as the shorter layer does wave-wise, and this is some of the problem.  In the long run, if you don't want it shorter, you may not want to let them cut the short layer so short again.

Straightening the top layer is probably the best way to get it to look right.  What you are already doing with the blow drying and round brush is probably the best answer.   The dryer's cool setting should work as well and isn't damaging to hair like the hot.

Have you tried washing your hair, then putting it in a ponytail high in the back, and letting it dry and seeing if you like it after it dries that way?  It may straighten out the top layer in a pleasing way with less effort from you - something to try.

Edited by Susan W - March 25 2008 at 8:18am
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 12:37pm
I will try that tonight, thanks for the tip! I also discovered if I take some of the front section and just let it hang outside of the messy claw clip do, it works with a stray bobby pin here and there.  I really like the layers in long styles but this taught me I do not want layers shorter than the nape area!
Wendy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic