Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HELP PLS.  Need help understanding Jack Sun.......
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP PLS. Need help understanding Jack Sun.......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP PLS. Need help understanding Jack Sun.......
    Posted: March 27 2008 at 10:50am
me and jacksun are emailing back and forth and he has a unit avail. its 18inches. so i asked him was it 18 inches root to tip...he says :

yes, exactly like the picture attached, it is 18" measured from the crown

price is $228 including shipping cost to US

pls tell me is this unit 18 inches or what. i still dont understand the entire specifying root to tip and vice versa b/c im assuming this hair would work the same way as the bss.  I tell them i was 18 inches (bss) and tht is what I get.

essence916 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essence916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 11:09am
From the top of the head to the end it is 18inches...
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 11:14am
yep or call it crown to ends which is the same.. meaning all one length.. i don't fool with that b/c i like the natural layers and meaning its shorter at the top and the botton ends up the longest point of 18 inches or whatever your requesting for length..
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 11:15am
It is not 18" all one length. The hair is measured from the crown to the tip. Most vendors measure this way. If the hair was all one length it would be much more expensive. It will be an 18" layered look, but he is very generous with his lengths. I would usually order 18" from him and it came all the way down to my lower back and I'm 5'9".

Edited to say: I may be wrong. Sexi knows best since she is Jacksun's girlfriend. LOL

Edited by Breh - March 27 2008 at 11:17am
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 11:19am
see that's they thing i don't want to fool with that b/c you confuse them..
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 11:34am

crown to tip is much shorter than root to tip. root to tip means u pick up an individual strand of hair on the wig and measure it from the  roots of the wig to the ends and it is approximately 18 inches. crown to tip means they pick up the wig and measure from the top of wig to the end of the longest strand of hair.  if u do the measurement your self on a wig you will see that there is a huge difference.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 12:24pm
see i went there with jack i ended up with all the same length and i didn't like it at all.. so i don't try to determine that, i just say i want 24 inches and a call it a day.. b/c for different chinese vendors they interpret things differently so what works for one doesn't mean the same with another one.. like you shouldn't go there unless its necesary like Kevincn i have to go there with him b/c that's the only way he can understand cuz he don't understand a lot..

Edited by sexibeach - March 27 2008 at 12:25pm
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 12:37pm
I would never specified with Jacksun either. I would just place my order and he was always generous with the length and it wasn't all one length. It was layered and that does look more natural. 
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by amazon1147 amazon1147 wrote:

crown to tip is much shorter than root to tip. root to tip means u pick up an individual strand of hair on the wig and measure it from the  roots of the wig to the ends and it is approximately 18 inches. crown to tip means they pick up the wig and measure from the top of wig to the end of the longest strand of hair.  if u do the measurement your self on a wig you will see that there is a huge difference.

Yes your correct in most situations but like i said there are different interpretations for different vendors.. therefore i try never to get that detailed so i can get that layered look and the amount of inches i request.. the lauguager barrier is important to understand especially when dealing with different vendor's too much explanation can be a down fall..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic