Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adhesives

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Crimsonsugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonsugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adhesives
    Posted: March 28 2008 at 12:33am
So now I've tried spirit gum w/Hollister's spray adhesive, Mighty tite & Coolpiece Cream adhesive. I can barely get one day with Mighty tite or Mighty tite and tape. It always starts to slip & it is messy.  It gets all in the hair.
 I get about 2 days with Spirit gum and Hollister's, then it starts to slip back from the hairline.  I can get 3 days with spirit gum, Hollister's and Coolpiece Cream.  Spirit gum and Hollisters is so easy to remove from the lace and you.
Coolpiece cream is a little harder to remove from the lace and difficult to remove from your skin.  I am using all 3 with just a little Coolpiece cream, because it will turn white if you get too much on the lace.  Another thing, what about Hollister's on false eyelashes.  I am trying that now and loving it.  It dries clear and is easy to remove.LOL

Edited by Crimsonsugar - March 28 2008 at 12:35am
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 6:22am
the thing is its works according to your body chemistry you gotta do the trial and error thing until you find what works for you..
phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 8:50am
It definatley is all about trial and error. I will also say that I know alot of the ladies use combos of glue, I say try a glue by itself. you may be using to much. also my LW used to slip at the top of my forehead all the time as well. I realized that I wa pulling it too low on my nape in the back and that was creating tension on the front. I also started to use a very small piece of tape right in the spot where it always slipped an i no longer have that problem. Also have you considered an app with glue only in the front and tape all around the rest? i have found that works great for me, it give's a weeks hold and very easy clean up. and last but not least try the invisibond or the ORWG, i have found both of these to be great when it comes to a 5-7 day hold. oh yeah if you are having a problem with the glue turning white you can dye you glue using 1-2 drops of RIT COCOA BROWN DYE. I dye ALL my glues using this method, and have NO problem with it turning white. Always remeber that less is more when it comes to how much glue to use.
kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 1:23pm
i definately like the ORWG and add tape to the back to extra hold.
Have you tried endura bond? its a killer face lift but held two weeks for me. I just didnt want to rip my skin out so i havent used it again. Maybe in the summer for certain weeks. I am going to try vapon next as well for the summer
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 1:47pm
hollisters suck for me. mity tite i might get a 2 days. safe grip, orwg, and proflex were good for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic