Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Orange hair-HELP please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
confooseddesi89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote confooseddesi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orange hair-HELP please!
    Posted: March 29 2008 at 2:13pm
I went to the salon yesterday and got highlights. My hair is black naturally, and a few months back I had gotten honey-brown highlights. Well, this time I was going for blood-red, like the darkest while still being able to stand out. But they came out looking red-orange!! I'm wondering if I have to take another trip to the salon and pay all that money to correct it, or possibly buy a toner for the problem? I don't know much about it though--I read blue neutralizes orange?? Should I buy blue toner, and apply it to my already-colored, dark-orange hair, or will this do nothing? Or do I need to lighten my hair to darken it again?? (I think yesterday the stylist applied haircolor directly onto the honey-brown highlighted part, then toner later, and didn't strip the old highlight color out before the process. Like I said, I don't know much about it!) All I know is my hair looks like it's on fire :o(

Maybe I could buy a semi-permanent and just use that over the red-orange?Confused

Edited by confooseddesi89 - March 29 2008 at 2:13pm
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 2:41pm
Go Back to the salon and ask for them to re do your colour. Did they not lift and the deposit the red, or did they just put a colour onto the honey brown hi lights, if so then that would not do much if anything to the hair. for red hi lights you need to lift then deposit colour, there are many color products that do both at the same time.

Applying a blue toner will not do anything, but tone the orange a little. Go back to the salon and tell them you are not happy with your hair.
karen sanderson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic