Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Light Yaki has Crimps???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NOT W8N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOT W8N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Light Yaki has Crimps???
    Posted: April 02 2008 at 11:45pm
wow... mean girl i PMd you and now i realize who ur talking about... i will keep you in my prayers... i know you really were excited for this unit and i really wanted it to be nice so i could get one... now i am like hmmmmm why would i take a chance on that????

Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 8:30pm

I have a CR light yaki from Holly as well as a IR medium yaki from her and neither one of them have crimps. I think it's just that vendor.

Anywho, I had a similar problem with the first yaki unit I ever ordered. I had never ordered yaki before and I just assumed it would be kinda like light yaki but when I got it it was a coarse yaki. It didn't have crimps but it was too coarse for me Unhappy Here's what you can try to fix yours:

1. Deep condition it in SM or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner. Once the conditioner is on it put it in a freezer bag and zap it in the microwave for about 30 seconds to heat it up. Let it sit for about 2 hours then rinse. That should relax the texture a bit.
2. If that doesn't work put an Ogilve Straightener on it to relax the crimps. Thats what I ended up having to do to my course yaki and it came out fine.
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 8:25pm
Yes sounds like any other Yaki but surly not LIGHT Yaki. 
 I  prefer Light yaki.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by griff griff wrote:

meangirl,

I ordered a light yaki from an av and it had crimps too.  It was Indian hair and it was not course like a full yaki, but def. had crimps.  I hate them!  I don't know if flat ironing would help and you have to get really close to see them, but I see them.  And real hair doesn't do that!  To me it's a dead give away.

i hate them crimps i know i've said that a thousand times but if someone sent me a light yaki with crimps i'd be hot..
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 7:30pm

meangirl,

I ordered a light yaki from an av and it had crimps too.  It was Indian hair and it was not course like a full yaki, but def. had crimps.  I hate them!  I don't know if flat ironing would help and you have to get really close to see them, but I see them.  And real hair doesn't do that!  To me it's a dead give away.

meangirl76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meangirl76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 4:50pm
Thanks ladies.

As for the pm requests, I will share the vendors name after I speak with her (Again!).

Hopefully, we can work something out, as I did use paypal.
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 4:26pm

It's yaki that has crimps. The chinese hair does have a tendency to be thicker & heavier than the Indian & sometimes the hair will seem more "crimpy" for a lack of a better term.

I would not recommend flat ironing it. Definitely a no-no. A store credit? Shoot the AV should've jumped at that.....but in the meantime. I don't know how deep the crimps are but try (since it's airdrying now) to use a wrapping lotion/foam, & set it on big rollers. It'll at least smooth the crimps out a little for a more lasting effect.

girlnextdoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girlnextdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 4:20pm
it's bad when some vendors are all in your face before you purchase, but after when you have issues, they are so scarce and don't have any WORKABLE resolutions!  Sorry this happened to you!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 4:19pm
i misunderstood, if the description says light yaki which its obviously that its not, and you paid with pay pal file a dispute using that description in your claim.. that's not light yaki, its regular yaki..
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 3:46pm
i wouldnt recommend any heat in your lf girl,
why she says such things

2honest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2honest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:51pm
I would agree that if you can't get the vendor to exchange it or something, place pics on here to see if someone may take it off your hands. Getting some of your money back is better than none.

I am sorry this has happened to you.
intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:48pm
thats just Yaki texture not light yaki .... i remember back in the day when i was a newbie .. ordering a yaki  thinking it would be just like my rex light yaki ...

that thing i received .... looked like a bad natural hair day in need of a flat ironing some cream press and a good one over with a marcel... needless to say ...

the best thing for you to do is to set it on some flex rods and hope it dries  with less kink...
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by meangirl76 meangirl76 wrote:

Thanks everyone.  I spoke with the vendor 2x. Besides the heat, they offered no resolution. I even mentioned a store credit and they flat out refused.

I am really saddened by this, b/c I want to be a good customer and supportive, but we're talking a nice sum of $. I am trying to be prayerful, but I am upset.

Sexi, any thoughts?

OMG, that is awful. It is not like they would be losing money by offering you a store credit. Is the lf still in condition that you received it? I would think that they would try and please their customers. I am so sorry this happened. Can you post pictures so we can see how bad the crimps look. I have had light yaki and they didn't have crimps. From my understanding the coarse yaki and yaki has those crimps.  Maybe you can try selling it. I hope you can work things out. I'll be saying a prayer for you. Hug
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:40pm
if you had a maxi glide that would be better than a regular flat iron b/c of the steam that locks in moisture to the hair.. other wise i would wash and wrap it to flatten it out..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meangirl76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:37pm
Thanks everyone.  I spoke with the vendor 2x. Besides the heat, they offered no resolution. I even mentioned a store credit and they flat out refused.

I am really saddened by this, b/c I want to be a good customer and supportive, but we're talking a nice sum of $. I am trying to be prayerful, but I am upset.

Sexi, any thoughts?
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by meangirl76 meangirl76 wrote:

Hi ladies,

I recv'd a chinese light yaki from an AV (I will not name at this time). I have washed and conditioned it, and it is air drying, but I am not thrilled with it.

I have worn light yaki in the past, but this hair has crimps in it, and is much thicker and heavier than the light yaki hair I am used to. It just doesn't look natural to me. 

I wonder if the light yaki I have had in the past was Indian. Any thoughts?

Also, the vendor said that flat ironing the hair at a high setting will get the crimps out, but I thought heat was bad for lfs...now I am really confused. I am not used to doing A TON of tweaking to make my units work. If I wanted to do that, I can order solely from the CVs...

Please help. I feel like I have wasted $$$Cry

TIA

What!!!!! That is a definitely the way to kill you lf. With time the hair may dry out and possible break. Talk it over with the vendor .
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:19pm
Wow, I have worn LY before and it contained NO CRIMPS, however it is Indian hair. The the Indian medium yaki has some and regular yaki has the most.  Also chinese hair is much more denser and coarser and this may impose more crimps as well. I would also contact the AV and discuss it further with them. hth.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meangirl76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:05pm
Hi ladies,

I recv'd a chinese light yaki from an AV (I will not name at this time). I have washed and conditioned it, and it is air drying, but I am not thrilled with it.

I have worn light yaki in the past, but this hair has crimps in it, and is much thicker and heavier than the light yaki hair I am used to. It just doesn't look natural to me. 

I wonder if the light yaki I have had in the past was Indian. Any thoughts?

Also, the vendor said that flat ironing the hair at a high setting will get the crimps out, but I thought heat was bad for lfs...now I am really confused. I am not used to doing A TON of tweaking to make my units work. If I wanted to do that, I can order solely from the CVs...

Please help. I feel like I have wasted $$$Cry

TIA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic