Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can you thin your curly unit out?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can you thin your curly unit out?
    Posted: April 02 2008 at 5:54pm
ladies,
i have a questions,i love my new curly unit but i have to admit its a lot of hair sometimes,and since its my first curly i do have hard time to manage all of this hair

do you know a technique to thin curly hair out?

any help will be greatly appreciated Smile
thank you

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 6:05pm
there's a illustration in the newbie thread..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 6:32pm
Thank you Sexi,
i saw the technique where you can thin the hair out and texturing it,
do you think i have to straighten the hair before?
i know it may sound stupid but i want to make sure before i make a mistakeCry
im confused Confused and i dont want to damage my unit.

Edited by missmodesty - April 02 2008 at 6:33pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by missmodesty missmodesty wrote:

Thank you Sexi,
i saw the technique where you can thin the hair out and texturing it,
do you think i have to straighten the hair before?
i know it may sound stupid but i want to make sure before i make a mistakeCry
im confused Confused and i dont want to damage my unit.

no i would wet the hair and section it and start thinning in the area's you need thinned out.. altho i'm one that usually say's you'll need that hair some where down the line.. LOL
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 7:52pm
ITA with Sexi, bc unless your hair looks like Chaka Khana / Diana Ross hair, u will need that hair bc to me the curly / kinky curly units tend to thin out on there own in a short period of time. Do u have any pictures of the unit applied?
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 8:14pm
I thinned out my Denovo curly unit back in October 2007 using the method in the Newbie thread and it worked just fine. I did it while it was dry though so I could have a better idea of just how much hair I was taking out. It came out fine.
candygrl2467 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candygrl2467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 9:34am
i am thinking about thining mine out as well its a rex afro kinky curly and it is still new (2 day wearing it got it on wed.) so i am hoping it settles down or  else i am bringing out the thining shears but it is so pretty and the curls are gorgeous.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by amazon1147 amazon1147 wrote:

ITA with Sexi, bc unless your hair looks like Chaka Khana / Diana Ross hair, u will need that hair bc to me the curly / kinky curly units tend to thin out on there own in a short period of time. Do u have any pictures of the unit applied?

yes i have the pictures here:

http://public.fotki.com/missmodesty

pw curly

i tried to thin it out,i will take picture this weekend

i dunno if i did it right tho
oh well we will see

but thanx ladies.

Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by candygrl2467 candygrl2467 wrote:

i am thinking about thining mine out as well its a rex afro kinky curly and it is still new (2 day wearing it got it on wed.) so i am hoping it settles down or  else i am bringing out the thining shears but it is so pretty and the curls are gorgeous.
girl we need our crack TongueWink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic