Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kinkies-Why the Maxiglide???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Heaven_lei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinkies-Why the Maxiglide???
    Posted: April 05 2008 at 9:09am
Hello Ladies,
I have my chi iron..but i've been reading posts about the maxiglide..why is it better..also which size do you prefer the small 1 inch or the 1 1/2 inch...thankksss a bunch!

Edited by Heaven_lei - April 05 2008 at 4:03pm
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 10:24am
I have both the small (tight spots and edges) and large Maxi Glides, and the reason I like it best is because of the teeth that help guide the hair and keep the strands aligned - and the steam function (which some modes don't have).  It really does a great job on Remy hair.  Steam would be a no-no for my natural hair as it would cause it to poof and frizz.  I have tried others, but maxi Glide works best for me.  JMO
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 11:28am
Donna's right, and plus the added feature of the steam unlike regular flat iron's, locks moisture in the hair shaft and since lfs need moisture its better than regular flat irons for lfs..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 1:38pm
Got it...one other question though..i know you mentioned that it makes ur real hair poofy..would it do the same on some textures of the lf?
checolatediva1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checolatediva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 2:35pm
Where can you buy the maxiglide?
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 2:49pm
I used the MaxiGlide on my real hair for at least 3 years before I discovered lace fronts and I like it because when I use the steam function it makes my hair much softer and keeps it from frizzing up a lot longer than when I use a dry flat iron or curling iron. I use the larger one and I attach the steel plate with the teeth when I'm doing my natural hair but I attach the steel plate w/o the teeth when I'm doing my lf.

I think they normally go for around $80.00 at places like Linen's N' Things or Bed Bath & Beyond but you can find them at better prices on Amazon.com and on e-bay if you don't mind paying for shipping then waiting for it to come.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 3:01pm
I JUST PURCHASED ONE AT HSN.COM..I BOUGHT THE SET SO I GOT BOTH SIZES OF THE MAXIGLIDE IT CAME TO 120.00 W/ SHIPPIN AND EVERYTHING...IM HOPING IT WORKS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Heaven_lei Heaven_lei wrote:

I JUST PURCHASED ONE AT HSN.COM..I BOUGHT THE SET SO I GOT BOTH SIZES OF THE MAXIGLIDE IT CAME TO 120.00 W/ SHIPPIN AND EVERYTHING...IM HOPING IT WORKS

You're gonna LOVE it ! I have all types of other heat styling products (flat irons, hair crimpers. a stove, different sized curling irons, etc.) that I rarely ever use anymore since I got the MaxiGlide. Now I stick to products that use steam so when I want to straighten my hair I use the MaxiGlide and when I want to curl it I use the Caruso Steam Hair Setter and my natural hair (as well as my lf's) are much healthier as a result.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 3:10pm
Great thanks for all your help...i wanna see how it acts on my kinky straight i'm hoping it will work on that one as well....
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 3:18pm
aww thank you ladies for the information,im going to get me the maxiglide and the caruso!
i know its kinda off topic but it can help some so...
here is how Ms Lola roll set a lace wig

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cIMD1Emu4l8

Edited by missmodesty - April 05 2008 at 3:35pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 3:36pm

Will the maxiglide work on kinky straight units ladies....please tell me it will..

Edited by Heaven_lei - April 05 2008 at 3:45pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 3:50pm
I don't have a ks unit but I'm pretty sure it will because the steam helps it get the hair even straighter. The heat settings go up to 10 and I only put mine on 7 to get my natural kinky curly hair straight. I'd be surprised if it couldn't straighten a ks lf but maybe one of the ladies who have used it on a ks lf could tell you for sure.
birdiegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 4:19pm

Dang, you were not playin! LOL Please let us know how it works for you. I want the Maxiglide because I've heard that it works wonders, especially with the steam function. Since my hair underneath the LF is natural I need a napp friendly flat iron for my length checks, so I hope the Maxiglide will do!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 5:09pm
i love the maxi glide with it you need no products b/c it performs better without it especially on your natural hair for the best results.. i know the regular flat iron's they work better with product.. i didn't realize the difference until i got mine's..its the steam!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 5:33pm
Great i've been reading up on it no doubts just wanna make sure it can tame my kinky...but i know its going to work wonders on my cvr and lite yakis...
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 5:36pm

Great i've been reading up on it no doubts just wanna make sure it can tame my kinky...but i know its going to work wonders on my cvr and lite yakis...

i used it on a CVR that i got that was a little bit more thich than i wanted, but it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo beauty i didn't want to thin it too much so i whipped out the maxi glide girl that hair was working overtime.. it was sooooooooooo beautiful and made a big difference especially where i attempted to thin it and had a few short hairs, it laid them to rest..
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 5:53pm
the maxiglide works great on a KS unit.  that is what i used to use on my KS from Holly.  it made the hair soft and beautiful after i used it. 

i paid $49.99 for mine at Linens and Things. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by FLMDiva FLMDiva wrote:

the maxiglide works great on a KS unit.  that is what i used to use on my KS from Holly.  it made the hair soft and beautiful after i used it. 

i paid $49.99 for mine at Linens and Things.

Well great i'm happy, thanks so much for replying becz that's exactly what i have is a holly kinky straight..im so excited....
Thanks ladies for replying to this...

Edited by Heaven_lei - April 05 2008 at 6:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic