Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Storms & LF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Crimsonsugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonsugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Storms & LF
    Posted: April 06 2008 at 12:58am

\Well, I was on my way home Thur. night, when I drove through a severe thunderstorm w/tornados to follow.  I was wearing my one and only lf & it was barely hanging on to my temples...ouch.  It finally slid off after I completed my 1 hour drive in 2 hours.  I took it off for the night, but when I awakened the power was off.  I lit a candle & got a flashlight.  By the way I laid the lf by the candle and nearly set it on fire.  If it had burned I would have called in sick I am sure. 

Anyway I ended up at work 1 1/2 hours late with my best bss wig.  Everyone loved it.  I am glad because I was so sleepy with the 2nd thunderstorm during my sleep and I couldn't get that lf on by candlelight.Shocked  Praise God I missed the tornado by 30 minutes and there were only minor injuries.Clap

Edited by Crimsonsugar - April 06 2008 at 1:00am
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 7:38am
oh girl that's scary i hate those things i usually start binding and loosing when the roll up and believe that they pass me by! i'm glad your ok..
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 4:09pm
Thanks for sharing; so glad you are OK and you didn't burn up your wig!
checolatediva1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checolatediva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 7:01pm
I would have called my insurance company and see if it was covered Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonsugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 10:49pm
Thanks.  I didn't realize the danger until I went back to work and saw all of the damage to the houses, trees down and the flooding.  It was scary, but there weren't any deaths and only minor injuries.

That's a good idea about the wig & the insurance.  I will keep that in mind, but I will be more careful in the future.
TressaMagic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TressaMagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 7:27pm
 Be blessed and safe girl. Carry an emergency lf kit in the car with you, and pull over into someplace safe!  You know you have angels!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonsugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 11:34pm
Thanks lf emergency kit is what I need to keep with me at all times.  The storms and tornados have subsided for now.  I hope that is it for now in the new tornado alley.  I don't need anything keeping me from getting to work. need money for my new habit.LOL  I've got it back on and I cut some bangs and I am very happy with it except the tangles.Cry   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic