Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to match an auburn color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AdieBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdieBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to match an auburn color
    Posted: April 08 2008 at 5:33am
There is a shade of Loreal Feria that I love, but the drugstore version didn't show up on my Level 2, dark brown hair and it made my hair feel so dry.

It's called Brilliant Bordeaux --  Here's a picture. Is there anything comparable that I could buy at Sally's? Is it possible to get a shade like that to show up on dark brown hair (maybe using 40 vol developer)? Or will I have to use bleach first?

Thanks for any help.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 8:52am
Now that you've dyed it once, any more color you put on isn't going to lift it.  (Color won't lift color).  You may want to try a color remover first, like Color Fix, then use the shade you want.  After color fix, your hair will probably come out lighter than it was originally, it may be light enough for that color to show up afterward.  Test strand first though, to make sure it will work before you do your whole head. 

If it doesn't come out lighter after a color remover, you may have to consider lightening it a little at that point.  You probably don't have to go as far as bleach - if you did, you certainly wouldn't want to leave it on very long at all, you don't need to get it to orange, just a lighter brown, definitely test strand that if you go that route or the 40 volume.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
AdieBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdieBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 12:18am
Oh, I should have specified that I used Feria awhile and it's no longer in my hair. I've tried several things since then, but have never been able to get that particular shade. I'm looking for any brands and color names that  I could buy at Sally's that might be similar to it.

Thanks anyway!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic