Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I've been a long time lurker.. now I need help :)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I've been a long time lurker.. now I need help :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kittywonder85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittywonder85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I've been a long time lurker.. now I need help :)
    Posted: April 08 2008 at 1:57pm
Hey guys! I'm Steph. Its nice to meet you all :)

I've lurked here for awhile and now I'm at a point where I'm stuck and don't know what to do.

Everyone seems to like it best when they have pictures so I've created a "hair timeline' if you will.

Here is my hair now + my current root situation

Now, as you can see my hair is naturally pretty light, but i decided I want it lighter, so I bleached it for awhile..

I got tired of it, so I went dark

Then i decided to go blonde again

Now we're at the first picture

The question is what color should I go? And how would I go about doing this without frying my hair? My hair is actually in decent shape considering the dying+the blowdrying+ the daily straightening.. I'm trying to grow out the god awful hair cut I got in the back to blonde pic. Full bangs that started halfway back my head.. buhh It's just a little past my shoulders and I plan on growing it back out super long

p.s. I'm a poor college student so it'd be rad if i could do it on my own :)

Thanks guys :) And sorry it was such a long first post

Edited by kittywonder85 - April 08 2008 at 2:00pm
PerfectBrunette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 5:23pm
Hi Steph,
Nice to meet you! I am a little confused. the top pic is your current situation? What is the last thing you did to it? And what would you like to achieve?
kittywonder85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittywonder85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 8:25pm
Yep. Top pic is the practically black with blond roots.

I know I want to get rid of the practically black. The last thing i did was used a 2N on my hair.

I know I want lighter but I'm not sure what color I want
PerfectBrunette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 2:02am
I would use a dye solvent color remover to get the black tones out like Color Fix, Color Oops or Satin Hair Color Remover. You may actually like how it looks without toning but you will probably need a toner. Go with a demi or semi as it will cause less damage to your hair. Then choose a shade lighter and golder than you actually want to achieve since your hair will be porous absorbing color readily, especially ash tones. I think the blonde colors looks nice on you.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by PerfectBrunette PerfectBrunette wrote:

I would use a dye solvent color remover to get the black tones out like Color Fix, Color Oops or Satin Hair Color Remover. You may actually like how it looks without toning but you will probably need a toner. Go with a demi or semi as it will cause less damage to your hair. Then choose a shade lighter and golder than you actually want to achieve since your hair will be porous absorbing color readily, especially ash tones. I think the blonde colors looks nice on you.

Excellent and reliable advice! I completely agree. If you want to grow your hair super long, you'll want to go with something that's only about two levels away from your natural colour. Maybe with some highlights around the face. I also think you look great with the blonde tones. Goodluck!Big%20smile
Love clip-ins and tape!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic