Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any thoughts on all natural shampoos and conditioners to try?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any thoughts on all natural shampoos and conditioners to try?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any thoughts on all natural shampoos and conditioners to try?
    Posted: October 04 2002 at 5:15pm
Hi again,

I have recently been diagnosed with contact dermatitis. Contact dermatitisis when a substance you are allergic to comes in contact with your skin and causes an allergic reaction such as redness and itching. I am having a hard time finding shampoos and conditioners that I can use. I haven`t tried any all natural products yet and believe me I have tried a lot of products. If anyone has any suggestions on any good all natural products to try I would love to hear about them. Thank you!

Sweetpea
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2002 at 12:56pm
I`ve seen Avalon products in Walgreens....they`re lavender and not too expensive. Haven`t tried them but you might have some luck.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2002 at 7:22am
Sweetpea

I recommend Neal`s Yard Remedies shampoos and conditioners. They are terrific and approx. 99% natural - the 1% being for a chemical preservative.

I had atopic excema and urticaria for a few months and this range provided great relief.

I don`t know if they are avialable in the US, but those of us in London, England can get them from Fenwicks or from Neal`s Yard in Covent Garden.

Best of luck with your search and God bless you.

Uzma
Uzi

Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2002 at 11:39am
My sister-in-law has a similar problem and swears by Aubrey Organics products. She really likes the Blue Camomile. She has somewhat thick, coarse hair so I don`t know how well it would work on other types.

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/index.cfm

A friend of hers also has a similar problem and uses the Pronature products. She says they work very well for her. I think the $5.50 S&H charge is a bit much but she likes it so who am I to complain?

http://www.pronature.com/hair/hairprod.htm

You may also want to consider the Phyto and California Baby products on this web site. They are hypoallergenic and should help with your situation. I haven`t tried either of them myself but have always been impressed with every Phyto product I have used.

If you are interested in the products in the previous post, you can purchase Neal`s Yard Remedies from their web site:

http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/

Hope this useful and you find a product you can use. Good luck! :)

sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2002 at 5:39pm
Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I haven`t tried any of these products yet, but I think I just might have to give them a try. If you think of anything else just let me know. Everyone on here is always so helpful and I appreciate every bit of it. Thanks again.

Sweetpea
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2002 at 7:33pm
I am a guy , sweetpea , who has long healthy hair halfway down my back. Myself and my two teenage daughters use Avalon products, as Lyris mentioned and also Giovanni products. Good natural products, these products are commonly suggested by beauticians. They can sometimes be found at ordinary drugstores, also at some health food stores or co-ops! Good luck and health to you, including your hair!
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2002 at 3:02pm
Let us know how your hair is lovely Sweetpea!
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2002 at 10:38pm
Hi

It`s me again. I have finally found some products that cause me very little to no irritation at all. They are Back to Basics Green Tea Daily Moisturizing Shampoo, Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture daily Shampoo, and Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture Daily Treatment. The shampoos and conditioners don`t really smell that good but they work wonderfully. I also used to have dandruff but since I started using the Green Tea shampoo it has almost totally cleared up. I have heard that Green Tea has great antibacterial properties. I also use Paul Mitchell Conditioning Sculpting Foam (it smells really good because it reminds me of the smell of coconut) before I blow dry my hair. It keeps my hair smooth, shiny and full of body. My hair is brown, a couple inches past my shoulders with long layers, and for the most part smooth and shiny. My hair is pretty much like Jennifer Anniston`s hair but darker, somewhat shorter and more layers. I am thinking about also trying the Paul Mitchell Extra Body Sculpting Foam because I tend to break out if I use too many products containing oils. The conditioning foam contains Jojoba oil, but I don`t know if the Extra body foam does or not. I am sure it will work just as well. I just like to have a lot of bounce and body to my hair. Believe me these products are wonderful. My hair has improved greatly since I have started using them. Ok I will quit rambling now I just thought I would share with everyone what is working for me. Have a great day!!!

Sweetpea :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic