Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bleach Bath

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lequia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lequia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleach Bath
    Posted: April 11 2008 at 10:31am
Hello ladies..

Can ya'll help me please...'cause i don't know what i'm doin wrong..but everytime i do a bleach bath it tangles even more!!
I did it on 2 unit's both going wrong..
What the hell do i need 2 do..2 get my LF lookin' like new again??

Thankssssss
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 10:41am
how are you doing it? b/c the water needs to be very hot.. i mircowave it for 2 min..and part 2 i let that hair sit in there, you only need 3 cups of hot water and 1/4 ammonia, i only lift it out to run a comb thru it..
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 10:44am

Lequia, I am glad someone else is experiencing this problem I thought it was just me. I bleach bath a unit and I swear it seem like it had gotten more tangle than it originally was so I wanted a few hours to bleach bathe it again and the same thing happened

Lequia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lequia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 10:51am
Sexi Yeah used very hot water and dit everything what you had written in the newbie theard...also i watched the video..But i don't know..it doesn't seem 2 work wid me...

Showstopper i really don't know what 2 do..the first day my unit is PERfect after i washed it..but the next day it's tanglin' again...I really don't know what 2 do now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 10:54am

Sexi, do you add the ¼ ammonia with the ¼ bleach then put in the 3 cups of hot water?

mokkajava View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokkajava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 11:10am
NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Please never mix bleach and ammonia the results can be toxic!!!!

Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 11:18am
My 1st bleach bath did not work at all....my second that I just did this week worked awesome.  I made sure the water was VERY HOT (which was my problem the 1st time, my water was not hot enough)....then with the amonia I used 3 cups of hot water and 1/4 cup of amonia and let me tell you it was such a big difference...my unit was silky smooth compared to the 1st time....i have been wearing it all week and it has not tangled....HTH

FYI:  the 1st time the amonia was the green kind and I don't know if it makes a difference but the second time I used plain old white which worked awesome.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 11:43am
Thank you Shonita24, I will definetly try this next time.

Does anyone know when you try and lighten your unit yourself, how long do I need to wait before I do a bleach bath on it?
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 11:53am
Originally posted by ShowStoppers ShowStoppers wrote:

Thank you Shonita24, I will definetly try this next time.

Does anyone know when you try and lighten your unit yourself, how long do I need to wait before I do a bleach bath on it?

Showstoppers, I know you're not asking meLOL But, I wanted to suggest you try a protein treatment INSTEAD of a bleach bath on lightened hair. You should add in the protein you are stripping from the hair in colouring it. Follow that up with a good moisturizing conditioner (like you would do on your own hair) and see how it comes out. If all of that doesn't work, THEN try the bleach bath.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:03pm

Fakeizme, any advice would help so thank you for responding. I should have asked prior to me doing the bleach bath because I did and all the hair that I had lightened simply came right off in the sink.  I honestly thinking it was frying.LOL

Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:12pm
I always if possible BB before I dye the hair.....I have noticed that the Bleach and the Amonia remove the color slowly away from the hair....I'm about to re-color my hair because of this. But sometimes you want to color the hair before you BB because the amonia in the hair coor will also have the same effects of a BB. HTH
Lequia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lequia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:14pm
Ladies any more tips about havin' a perfect bleach bath hihi
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 2:09pm

Sexi, do you add the ¼ ammonia with the ¼ bleach then put in the 3 cups of hot water?

no the bleach is a seperate step with ONE gallon of water.. i realize the instructions say dip in and out on part 2 the ammonia but i don't do that the ammonia is the most important part.. i let it sit in the 1/4 cup of ammonia and 3 cups of hot water the only time i lift it out of there is to grab it up correct so i can comb it downward and its still sitting in that ammonia mixture as i comb it thru.. prior to doing iTHE BB you MUST COMB THAT HAIR OUT B4 IT TOUCHES THE WATER..

Edited by sexibeach - April 11 2008 at 2:15pm
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 8:08pm

Fakeizme, any advice would help so thank you for responding. I should have asked prior to me doing the bleach bath because I did and all the hair that I had lightened simply came right off in the sink.  I honestly thinking it was frying.LOL

LOLCry I hear you. there's always hope for the future!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic